What gauges? What pod?

criticman

Sep 7, 2003
Rome, GA
Supercharging in 2 weeks. I need some gauges!

I have it narrowed down to 3: Fuel Pressure, Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio (from Wideband).

I think I will just do a fuel pressure gauge next to the new adjustable regulator. So that gets it down to 2.

I have read about t-ing into the vacuum line to hook up the boost and I know how to hook up the wideband. So that part is not the question.

What is easiest to install? The dash mounted 2-gauge pod that sits on the dash above the clock/center a/c vents? The a/c vent 2-gauge pod (either with or without the side vents for a/c)? Or installing them below the aftermarket stereo?

What brand? I am leaning towards AutoMeter or Ford Racing, purchased from Summit. Any other brand to consider? Place to shop?

• Sponsors (?)

Mounting the fuel pressure guage under the hood won't really help you all that much. For supercharged applications you need to be able to see what your fuel pressure is doing when your under boost. I would get a triple pillar and mount all three in that. I'm partial to Autometer. Just my .02

Mike's thinking is like mine. I suppose you could do FP on the cowl too if you wanted.

All I can add is that in my Porsche I had the boost gauge mounted on top of the center console gauge bezel, which is roughly where the gauge cage kit would install, in terms of line-of-sight, and it worked alright for me.
I will add that I find the triple pillar gauges to actually kinda be out of my peripheral vision, but they are hard to beat for packaging and being as visible as anything else.

The radio kits are slick, but I'm not sure if you are at WOT if you want to look down at the gauges down there. You want something as close to a heads up display as you can get.

Good luck and enjoy. :nice:

its all preference. in have a autometer oil, water, and boost in the center vents and i think it just looks slick like it belongs there. harder to see while at wot, ya prob.. but i still think a pillar pods belong in civics. just my opinion.

Yeah...to me, having gauges on the pillar means you are a ricer or you had better be making serious power to back up the fact that you are broadcasting your gauges.

Which center vent kit do you have? The autometer one? Have any pics? Summit has closeups but I would like to see a general dash photo of them.