what intake to use?

aamcotech

Apr 24, 2010
columbus ohio
i have a 306 dss pro bullet bottom end with 170cc tfs track heat heads stage 2 tfs cam 1.6 tfs roller rockers 30lb venom injectors. what intake and size tb should i use ? i dont want to change my stock hood either should i just use my stock cobra intake? it also has tfs valve covers clearence issues?

• Sponsors (?)

Your Cobra intake will have clearance issues with any valve covers that are taller than stock due to the EGR mounting point. As far as what intake you should use, that should be determined by your power goals and what RPM range in which you'll be operating.

Track or Street Heat intakes will work fine, any of the GT40 intakes will work great also. Just make sure the lower intake ports match the intake ports in the heads.
What intake are you using currently to clear the Trick Flow valve covers???

You would have two choices when it comes to clearing the valve covers... You can either go with a FOX TB conversion, or get an intake spacer. If you're going with the spacer, then you'll have hood clearnace issues unless you have a cowl hood.

my car still has the stock motor in it. i just bought the 306 and it has a carb intake on it should i use a different set of valve covers? i would like to get as much as i can out of the motor. trying to get all the parts i need before i swap the motor out dont want my car to end up sitting while i figure out what to do

Stopsign beat me to it. I was going to say run the holley systemax. That intake kicks ass.

IMO the cobra/street heat will hold you back.

Unless u run the tfs-r or box intake....I wouldn't run the street or track heat.

Port match the intake to the heads.