What is needed

• Sponsors (?)

ZincPony said:
what would i need to put into my car to run with a 1994 Cobra. excluding superchargers

A Stock '94 Cobra?

And is yours Manual? ...Thoses are two things you should've said.

Anyway, other people are going to say.... swap the engine or get a new car, balh, blah. So, i'll try to take it some what serious and keep it short and simple.

Engine

1. CAI
2. Bigger MAF
3. T-body
4. Ported Intake
5. Pulleys
6. Headers
7. Catback Exhuast
8. ECU Tuner (lose the speed limiter)
9. Small Cam (nothing to aggressive)
10. Ported heads

Suspension

1. Springs
2. Shocks/struts
3. Control Arms
4. Subframes
5. ...Basically anything to stop all the body roll and wheel hop, and hook up your tires quicker

Drivetrain

1. T-Lok
2. Gears
3. Clutch
4. short shifter

Wheels

1. wider tires/wheels (bigger contact patch= more traction)

Weight

1. Lose about 100-200lbs

All that should help you out alot, and if you don't beat a '94 you should atleast keep up with'em for awhile.

Yes mine is a stock V6 5spd right now. His is stock except for a short throw shifter. and hes getting a new clutch cause the one is slipping. i think i might have to go agains him before his clutch.

ZincPony said:
Yes mine is a stock V6 5spd right now. His is stock except for a short throw shifter. and hes getting a new clutch cause the one is slipping. i think i might have to go agains him before his clutch.

Worked made a pretty nice list for you but you he forgot to mention time and money. It sounds like you want to race him soon, but inorder to get all of that done(yourself) it's going to take a while.

zincyellow03 said:
Worked made a pretty nice list for you but you he forgot to mention time and money. It sounds like you want to race him soon, but inorder to get all of that done(yourself) it's going to take a while.

Even with all that stuff in his list I don't think you could take a cobra.

worked v6 said:
A Stock '94 Cobra?

And is yours Manual? ...Thoses are two things you should've said.

Anyway, other people are going to say.... swap the engine or get a new car, balh, blah. So, i'll try to take it some what serious and keep it short and simple.

Engine

1. CAI
2. Bigger MAF
3. T-body
4. Ported Intake
5. Pulleys
6. Headers
7. Catback Exhuast
8. ECU Tuner (lose the speed limiter)
9. Small Cam (nothing to aggressive)
10. Ported heads

Suspension

1. Springs
2. Shocks/struts
3. Control Arms
4. Subframes
5. ...Basically anything to stop all the body roll and wheel hop, and hook up your tires quicker

Drivetrain

1. T-Lok
2. Gears
3. Clutch
4. short shifter

Wheels

1. wider tires/wheels (bigger contact patch= more traction)

Weight

1. Lose about 100-200lbs

All that should help you out alot, and if you don't beat a '94 you should atleast keep up with'em for awhile.

even with all of that, u will still not be able to keep up with a cobra... your best bet is to buy a gt, mach 1, or cobra.. there is no replacement for displacement!!! good luck, you will need it.

You guys have to remember what year cobra he said... a 94, they only made about 250 rear wheel horse power and with a t5 tranny. His mustang makes about 175 rear wheel horse power, with all of the those mods and a good driver he should be able to stay if not next to atleast a few car lenghts behind that cobra, and you also have to remember that the 94 is 11 years old and it probably doesnt make that much power anymore i would guess arould 230 rwhp at the most... unless it was taken care of and all.