What is the proper color?

Mustang225

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2000
I'm looking at a Saleen online and the dealer claims that's torch red. I'm saying it's not.

Is there a way of knowing by the VIN what is the color?

1ZVFT85H465172572

• Sponsors (?)

Can you see the car in person or is it on the net? If you can see it in person then the paint code is on the sticker in the driver door jamb.

2007 Mustang Exterior Colors
Color
Code

* Black
* UA

* Vista Blue
* G9

* Windveil Blue
* P3

* Tungsten Gray
* T8

* Satin Silver
* TL

* Redfire
* G2

* Torch Red
* D3

* Grabber Orange
* U3

* Alloy
* G5

* Performance White
* HP

I'm looking at a Saleen online and the dealer claims that's torch red. I'm saying it's not.

Is there a way of knowing by the VIN what is the color?

1ZVFT85H465172572

Ford says it left the factory painted G2, which is Redfire (not Torch Red), so it is the darker of the two reds offered on 2006 Mustangs. It is showing as a GT Convertible with manual transmission, 3.55 gears, and 17" painted Bullitt wheels. Charcoal cloth interior 5W with aluminum ribbed dash applique' (part of interior upgrade package) and black cloth cconvertible top. Rear spoiler delete at the factory. et Cetera.

If this car went onto Saleen, I'm sure they changed a lot of things, but paint color wouln't have been changed, so it should still be Redfire.

Ford says it left the factory painted G2, which is Redfire (not Torch Red), so it is the darker of the two reds offered on 2006 Mustangs. It is showing as a GT Convertible with manual transmission, 3.55 gears, and 17" painted Bullitt wheels. Charcoal cloth interior 5W with aluminum ribbed dash applique' (part of interior upgrade package) and black cloth cconvertible top. Rear spoiler delete at the factory. et Cetera.

If this car went onto Saleen, I'm sure they changed a lot of things, but paint color wouln't have been changed, so it should still be Redfire.

Thanks for your answer. Unfort, I prefer Torch Red and finding one will be tough. This was close, but not close enough.

Saleen at least used to have an option for their own paint colors... if they did repaint it, it wouldn't have been to a Ford factory color - I believe the closest color to Torch Red was called Lizstick (not lipstick) Red or something like that. Is that a possibility for your car?

Saleen at least used to have an option for their own paint colors... if they did repaint it, it wouldn't have been to a Ford factory color - I believe the closest color to Torch Red was called Lizstick (not lipstick) Red or something like that. Is that a possibility for your car?

It could be, but either way it's not torch red {sigh}