What is your DreamDaily driveable STOCK block setup

95snoozer

Dec 14, 2002
RCR
here are your parameters

-Stock 302 block form any year. NO a4, sportsman, dart, R blocks, or aftermarket
-girdles top and bottom are allowed
-any power adder, 1 2 or 3
- specify ideal rpm range
- specify gear and tranny
- specify heads cam rockers (dont just say " " custom grind, give range of specs if custom)
- specify models of power adder and or shot

i will let yall think and post up and i will type mine out.

who wants to trap 130 on stock block? :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

i would get a custom destroked crank about 2.2" stroke, top it with some dominion 32v heads, solid roller cam with .700 lift and 370 deg duration and idle that sumbitch at 6 grand. peak power at about 12k, put a pnuematic shifted berrylium 8 spd gearbox behind it, then put it in a gt40 kit car.

-Mexican or Boss block bored to whatever's safe (~4.050-4.080)
-3.400" crank
-AFR225 or ported TFS SH
-Power in the 2500-6500 range - shift @ 7000 - driveable down to 1800 or 2000 RPM
-Solid roller w/ specs close to these (these are made up) - .700"/.700" 274/290 228/234 116 LSA 110 ICL
-4.56 or 4.88 gear
-G-Force T5 w/ .50:1 5th

Power adders are for girl scouts.

The car would run mid 10's and get 17-20 MPG on the highway or I'd burn it.

Joe

:crazy:
bimmertech said:
i would get a custom destroked crank about 2.2" stroke, top it with some dominion 32v heads, solid roller cam with .700 lift and 370 deg duration and idle that sumbitch at 6 grand. peak power at about 12k, put a pnuematic shifted berrylium 8 spd gearbox behind it, then put it in a gt40 kit car.
:crazy:

Boss block 11:1 347 with TFS R heads, TFS R box intake, 1 7/8" stainless steel longtubes, 3" H pipe, 3" cat back, 105mm TB, very aggresive custom hydroulic roller cam with link bar lifters. Figure around 7500 rpm, a little sluggish down low but a big gear like a 4.56 and a worked automatic AOD. Obviously light weight internals. This combo is similar to the guy on AFM's site with the n/a 347 9.90 cobra but a TFS R head as opposed to a heavily ported tfs TW.

Or i'll just take my current 347 i'm building and stop the bench racing bullsh it :D

Well since you said stock block and daily driveable then I am not going with all that huge inch big cam bs. I am going to go with a Mexican block, with a lifter valley girdle, and a DSS main girdle, ARP studs and bolts throughout, DSS forged 331 rotating assembly with pro lite pistons balanced to 0oz with fluidamper, and aluminum flywheel, TFS stage 1 cam, AFR 205 heads, TFS R intake, d&d T-56 6 speed trans with 3.55 gears, single turbo kit with precision PT-76 turbo and 15psi of boost, nx nitrous kit with 75hp jets. This should make a decent driver in that it's not radical by any means until you put your foot down and the boos comes in. A similar combo but with a smaller parts, and less boost made 512hp and 584tq in my brothers 94 cobra with 10psi and pump gas and the car still gets about 22mpg and is a daily driver.

bimmertech said:

somebody missed "DAILY DRIVEN" :rlaugh:

Mexican block
lifter valley girdle
main stud girdle
cammotion turbo cam 115 lsa, idle - 6k
or AFM stock spec cam retarded 4 degrees with 1.7s
Ported trick flow twisted wedges
Holley systemax II
tubular K w/dropped motor mounts
medium sized turbo... gt35R
AEM for tuning
methanol kit
3.27 gears maybe 3.55s
viper t56
minitub with 18/345 BFG drag radials on CCWs

95snoozer said:
ah i was going for practical... like my setup :D
alright let me try this again long rod 306 with all the obligatory girdles and block filler, solid roller cam good lift mild duration, afr 205 heads, fully hogged out vic jr carb manifold modified for fuel inj, d1sc procharger w/ cog drive, t-56, 03 irs, griggs sla front susp, cuz that's what i want to run at silver state next year.

Here are my future plans that I might be able to do in a year or two. I havn't even started researching engine specs yet, so I have no idea what specs for the cam or turbo I'll need.

Rebuild my stock bottom end with forged internals
I'm a cam idiot so I don't what specs I'll go with. Probably an Ed C. custom, unless I learn a lot more by the time I do this
AFR 185's or TFS heads
Medium size turbo, 12-15#'s of boost
Intake depends on hood clearance ;)
roughly 400+RWHP

Throw it all in a Miata :D

SuperDust22 said:
What is better about the mexican style blocks? Where can you even get them?

Dustin

made in mexico duh jk... joe explained this a while back in pretty good detail. i have it on my comp at home... so i'll post it if no one gets back to you in like 7 hours

basically, it's a way stronger stronger block than the others that came out those years

Why are some of you guys (like snoozer) having cam specs with a high LSA? How does LSA affect performence and such? Why arent more people running the higher LSA cams now? I know a higher LSA helps ours idle better, so is the LSA mainly affect the idle? I have no idea...just guessing.

turbo cam lots of overlap and smooth non scary idle :)

i dont liek scaring people off i would rather surprise the crap out of them with a silent car. until you go WOT and all hell breaks loose