What it might have been!

• Sponsors (?)

If you look closely, you will notice the car has a '74 header panel and grille lamps...in additiion to the non factory wheel flairs/wheels. The car may be, and in fact probably is a '77 as stated...but is nonetheless a clone (of sorts)of a CobraII that really never existed as such in the first place. Then there's the issue of that side view mirror! :shrug: Hmmm...now I'm wondering where the fuel fill went to...along with the windshield wipers!

That is one great looking II! I had that calendar a couple of years ago and it had the owner's name (which I forget) and he was from around San Francisco or San Jose, CA IIRC. I think he was also involved in Solo II events at the time. His interest in autocross looks to be reflected in the styling and mods he chose. I couldn't fault anyone for choosing to modify their II to suit their own taste, including using 74 parts on a 77 or vice versa. Whether it's a 74 or 77, I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway!

Yup...its in my November car in the 2001 Time Factory Mustangs calendar...only the auction is for a different "pose". So maybe its in multiple calendars?

Owner is listed as Jeff Jio, photographer as Ron Kimball.

I can understand the '74 header panel. With the smaller grill opening its probably (slightly) more aerodynamic.

NICE! :)