What killed your mod budget?

DmnStr8

Apr 16, 2005
NH
It happens to us all...life. You get money/parts together and then life kicks you in the balls and takes it.

Mine. The car that was supposed to free me up from some auto expenses. My Honda. F'n 5th gear went. Rough estimate at the moment is $1300. Plus it's clutch is starting to chatter and its got a blown strut and I think I heard that noise that means its rear brake time. And with it due for an inspection and needing to be registered its has totally killed...no....obliterated by mod budget (and any other fun budget I had).

Lesson. Never buy a car you think might have been owned by a ricer. I seriously think that the previous owner abused it and believe it or not I think because it was a well designed car I didn't notice. I know it sounds weird but the car still shifted smooth as butter as I drove her into the shop.

Anyway I need someone to commiserate with. Who elses stang is staying slow(er) for the moment due to life happening.

I'm just glad I know how to make a mean bowl of ramen.....

• Sponsors (?)

My car is slow because I bought a house. The day we moved in, the fence in the back yard fell over. I mean all of the wood posts were sheared off level with the ground. That is what started it. Since new fence in back means that the Overlord wants new fencing all around...

Oh and eBay doesn't help at all!

+1

I'll just say this. Other peoples negativity can keep you from moving forward in life. Stay Positive and anything can happen. Negative Nellys with no vision or scope of the bigger picture get the bozack.

Death on Wheels is for sale. F#&@

Thanks for the thought. Its ok I'm getting married in a few months and she earns about double what I make. Lol. So the bills will be paid. I just loose my fun budget. It sucks but I'm not in a bottle or anything.

the thing that will bleed your wallet most is rebuilding an old car, i restored a 92 LX and it cost me more then i expected :bang: , as soon as i finished the bodywork, and intearior, i noticed a leak in my tranny's eng. rear seal :bang: , i got me another tranny in a new heavy duty housing, got a light weight drive shaft, a 3.55, new bearings, the car was so much faster then it was,:D so i started showing off, cuz i was happy with the effect... :nonono: i blew the eng, overhead gaskit, i replaced the eng. with a used tuned 302 of a 91 LX, and i was so happy it was burning rubber like hell, i raced everyone everywhere, and just two days ago i had my AC/ comp gone dead :bang: ..... still love it though......:nice:

cost till today: 4600 $......:D

Ex wife decided to let every bill we owed 3 months behind... had to sell every part except the body, the block and tranny to catch up. then a few grand for a divorce... im ALMOST DONE DAMNIT!

The engagement ring, the 2 week honeymoon in Wakiki and Maui, and all the other misc. BS that goes along with getting married. She loves my car though and thats why I am going to marry her.

So if it wasn't for the $9,000 i spent on the stuff i just listed my car would be fast, but I am happy with my choice and it will be all good once we get settled in after returning from Hawaii. 2 words for you guys.......

DUAL INCOME

I tried putting a Helion Turbo kit on the gift registry, i guess they dont stock them at Bed Bath and Beyond. LOL

Flavadave4 said:
The engagement ring, the 2 week honeymoon in Wakiki and Maui, and all the other misc. BS that goes along with getting married. She loves my car though and thats why I am going to marry her.

I tried putting a Helion Turbo kit on the gift registry, i guess they dont stock them at Bed Bath and Beyond. LOL

AMEN! She wanted a nice ring and a cruise for a honey moon. :owned:
Well, honestly, what makes her happy makes me happy.

I also contemplated puting mods on the gift registry. LMAO

On the bright side my parents just moved to TN and I have inherited a nice washer and dyer and leather furniture. :SNSign:

DmnStr8 said:
AMEN! She wanted a nice ring and a cruise for a honey moon. :owned:
Well, honestly, what makes her happy makes me happy.

I also contemplated puting mods on the gift registry. LMAO

On the bright side my parents just moved to TN and I have inherited a nice washer and dyer and leather furniture. :SNSign:

ok so i am not alone i this one

Flavadave4 said:
ok so i am not alone i this one

not even close....

1 week in jamaica with everything included - $4,000
ring - $4,900
invitations to people that wont be going anyways - $300

my car still not finished = PRICELESS :bang:

srothfuss said:
:lol: It gets better... Then you buy the house and it gets worse again.

dont get me strated... we just sold my house 11 dyas ago.. close on that one the end of july... the new house we put a bid on is over twice of what i paid for mine... she makes decent bank though, and wants my car done almost as bad as me... not so she can ride in it, but so it can move on its own power instead of her helping me push it in and outta the garage :D