What kind of clutch should I go with?

• Sponsors (?)

Also what I was thinking, a Spec II or a centerforce dual friction....yay or nay? I just don't want the clutch to be like an on/off switch since I'll be driving it everyday.

A SPEC II isn't that harsh. Even a III isn't that bad to street drive for the most part. If you get alot of heat in it, then they get harsh such as after a burnout but for regular street driving they're not that bad. I never had any luck with Centerforce.

ive used centerforce clutches with great success for the last 4 years in my car, i had a dual friction on my previous motor that held 440 RWTQ with no problems, and now im using a DFX clutch that grabs like a mofo, but its a little harsh, i woulndt want to drive it everyday.

You cant go wrong with centerforce, SPEC of mcleod, they all make great products. I had a RAM powergrip on the car when i bought it and i hated that thing. Dont skimp out when it comes to the little things like the clutch quadrant, the cable, clutch fork and obviously the throwout bearing and the imput shaft bearing. Personally anytime ive had clutch issues it has been because of the cables, i dont know if it is just me but i had alot of issuse with cables stretching and then they would bind up in the sleeve which made the clutch feel very hard and it generally just sucked. I use a steeda cable now, and they seem to last the longest

ive got a spec stage 1 in mine, and i hate its guts, just way to stiff for me on the street, and its really that on/off switch that makes dding a pita. dont know how the "bigger" specs are though, so they may have better manners than that.