what kind of plug wires

whitemustang89 said:
thanks for all your guys' input ill probably order the frpp wires ive seen those 9mm for 40 bucks. im still in high school so im on a tight budget. one more ques. do the 9mm frpp ones work good with a msd ingition and coil

I have FRPP 9mm blue wires with an MSD 6AL and have no problems yet. I like the way the Taylor 409s look and I think I am gonna switch over.

• Sponsors (?)

89Notch said:
Howcome more people dont use MSD? Has anybody seen that thing that tests the ohms/foot at the parts store? It shows the MSD's wires are far less resistive... is there any corelation to that and good wires?
I have MSD Superconductor wires and I hate them. When I got them I was one wire short. And they are super long to boot. But the performance seems to be good. Plus I got em from Brothers, maybe I just got a bad taste but when you get a bad taste in your mouth you dont forget it. I am not saying it isnt a good wire, I just had little problems with mine. Hope that helps.:shrug:

Dave

Surprised you dont have to buy a MSD distributor to use their wires (sarcasm). I like the look of the Taylor 409s Im still running stock though cant afford them yet.

92GreenGT said:
I have MSD Superconductor wires and I hate them. When I got them I was one wire short. And they are super long to boot. But the performance seems to be good. Plus I got em from Brothers, maybe I just got a bad taste but when you get a bad taste in your mouth you dont forget it. I am not saying it isnt a good wire, I just had little problems with mine. Hope that helps.:shrug:

Dave

I have the 8.5 superconductor red msd wires as well. If you get the custom fit ones they're all different lengths and the go specifically to each cylinder. You must have gotten a universal fit set or something.

maverick0716 said:
I have the 8.5 superconductor red msd wires as well. If you get the custom fit ones they're all different lengths and the go specifically to each cylinder. You must have gotten a universal fit set or something.
Yeah your probably right. I bought them from Brothers and whatever they advertise they always send you the opposite, so I probably did. But next time I am buying Talyors.:nice:

Dave

I run the MSD 8.5's. No problems. If you have good conductivity between all of your connections and your wires are good you shouldn't have any arcing with them. It's not the best way to check, but I just put one hand on the car and the other on the ditributor cap and then on each wire. If I get popped, I know either my wires or my plugs are jacked up. It hurts, but if you trust you parts and your work you shouldn't have any problem doing it. I'm assuming you all know that the spark runs from the coil to the plug (ground) because it's the path of least resistance. So if you are path of least resistance there is something wrong with your spark path.