What kind of reactions do you guys get on the street?

Snail50 said:
Reactions? No exaggeration, EVERY time I take the car out, people honk, give me a thumbs up, ask me about it, compliment it, etc. Sometimes I overhear people at the bus stop talking about "I used to have one just like that" etc.

It definitely feels good to drive this car. I make up excuses to drive it, even if it's just to take my son for a ride around the neighborhood (did this last night, and a guy who was out bike riding flagged me down and it turns out he has a Dk Moss green 67 coupe like mine, and a blue 67 vert...I've seen them both before, but didn't know who owned them).

And I don't feel there is any compromise when compared with a newer car. I can't think of a new car that can compete with a classic when it comes to all out "cool factor" unless you're talking high end exotics.

Also no compromise because with the new suspension, my car handles great. I also have factory A/C which works great. In a few weeks I should start on my 4 wheel disk conversion, and then I'll be even better in the handling dept.

Did I mention I love my car???

I get the exact same thing when ever I go out. Mine is my daily driver too so I can get a little annoyed with it!

I'm about to do a wheel disc conversion also...along with installing my XE268H cam that just came in today! I've got a brand new front suspension...new KYB shocks all around, i'm waiting on my 5 leaf mid-eyes to come in right now...got SFCs...it's just so much funt o work on this car!

• Sponsors (?)

65shlbycln said:
I live in Georgia, so everyone loves musclecars here. I get alot of attention in the clone. I've had guys offer me their girlfriends in exchange for the cars. One pedestrian recently got down on his hands and knees on the sidewalk and started doing that little :hail2: thing. It was high school prom night last weekend, and i would drive by the places where all the kiddos were getting their pics taken outside, and they would stop what they're doing, and walk over to the car. Guys flat out left their dates! :rlaugh: The girls go nuts too. Its the best. Its the stripes. They just get your attention. If im driving around, i'll get some sort of acknowledgement every 2.5 minutes on the street.:D i swear!

Its awesome!!!

Chris, you and I need to go cruis'n on barret pkwy one night! :) I went up there on a date once (Dinner and a movie) and these 4 girls walked up and tried to get me to leave my date and go cruis'n with them!

66stangmeister said:
i think i'm gonna move to georgia... :D

I love Georgia. I lived in Cali for 5 months and was miserable. I was in SC for 3 months but since that was PArris Island it doesn't really count. I've visited alot of states and out of all of them none quite strike me like being home here in Atlanta. Unfortunately, my career choice means that as soona s I finish school I've got a 99.9% chance of having to leave permanently.

Also, the 3 places I've been with the most beautiful women (this is just my experience) Boston, anywhere in the midwest and Atlanta.

Hmmm, as for everyday, normally get at least one acknowledgment while driving. And if I take my car to work, about one every 2 hours, 4 on busy days.

For girls, buddy and I had an entire M-B 300D full of girls honk at us and pull out a camera to take a pic while driving. Didn't have too many of the hot chicks at school though- school was really prep and daddies bought all sorts of Lightnings, Bimmers, and such for everyone else. But now i get a lot of looks at college. Friends at work call it the "p---y-mobile".

BTW, there are no girls like Texas girls... I've been to Cali, Virginia, West Virginia, Atlanta, and South Carolina... nothing like Texas girls :nice: :nice: :nice:

The Swede

4.6LSleeper said:
Wow, you get those kind of reactions every time you go out. Mine probably wont be in that great of condition so I probabaly wont get the same reactions, but it doesnt matter, as long as im rollin. BTW,what kind of suspention do you have on your 67?

All the attention is addictive.

Suspension: M+ Grab-a-Track with 1" drop 620s up front, 4.5 leaf mideyes in back, 1" front sway, .75" rear sway, poly bushings, GAT shocks. It's so much more fun to drive now. The other day I took a sharp corner near my house in my M-I-L's E class Mercedes, and the tires squealed and it felt tippy; the next day I took the same corner at the same speed in my 67, and the tires didn't even chirp, just shot smooth and straight and stable into the corner.

Swede958 said:
BTW, there are no girls like Texas girls... I've been to Cali, Virginia, West Virginia, Atlanta, and South Carolina... nothing like Texas girls :nice: :nice: :nice:
I have lived in 2 of those places, been to all of them (including texas.) Sorry, just can't agree with you there. I can't wait to visit sweden though. I've seen pictures of those women and just damn...that's all I can say.

When I was in MOS school in Cali, they told us if we ever go to Australia on the boat, to go stand topside with a laundry bag cause the women there are unbelievable and they will throw tennis balls to you with their names, pictures, addresses and phone numbers in them. (apparently Australian men are pricks.)

I get a lot of jaw dropping and cute chicks lookin at me, lots of thumbs up too. One kid yelled look at that Z06!! wtf??? Lots of ladies love it! You know you can fit two in the back seat with you in the middle? ( dont ask lol!) Ive found owning an old mustang makes all kinds of friends, some pretty random people will talk to you. I dont think im going to ever sell my car.
attachment.php

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 99
  • mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 570
Guess everyone has their own tastes... still stand by mine though...

Anyways... agree about sweden. You know what they say... "True beauty is on the inside... except in sweden" :nice:

An I've heard about the australian women too. had a friend who's a SAW gunner go down there for training. Said the women were all over the 'yanks' because they were so much better than the local guys.

THe Swede

I get tons of attention in my car. Strangely enough, the most common questions/comments have to do with the interior, or more specifically my seats. I used to get comments on the exhaust, but now people only look when I'm doing above 4500rpm or so, and with 3.00 gearing, uh, I don't get there all that often on the street.

Get a fastback, put some nice wheels and brakes on it, make sure it's got good paint, and you're money :thumbsup:

Swede958 said:

The Swede
I have to agree! Anyways I finished restoring my car when I was a Junior in High School and the first day I drove it to school some kid came up to me and was like "dude...your whole car is like shaking" to which I replied, "I know, they're supposed to." I get lots of looks driving around, I think it's that nobody is used to a Grabber Blue Mach rolling around.

I get insane amounts of attention whenever I take my car out, its now gotten to the point that I dread going to the gas station because someone always comes up to me and wants to talk to me about my car. Now I'm no snob or anything and at first I liked the attention and loved talking about my car, but sometimes I have places to go to and deadlines to met and really dont have 10 minutes to talk about my car, etc.

with that said I always enjoy it when girls compliment me and tell me that my car is hot. I never get bored of that :D

What these guys said. The only time my car gets ignored is if I'm cruising with my buddy who has a perfect red 65 GT 'vert. :D

Swede958 said:

The Swede

Amen brother! :nice:

We all love our cars... but love them more for the attention they get. The latest one I heard the other day while sitting at a red light: "Dude, look at those F'ing brakes!"

As far as cost on finding yourself a decent ride.... 10g will get you a nice car... but you may spend twice that trying to tweak it and personalize it. The choices are never ending..

Good Luck!

BAD67FUN said:
We all love our cars... but love them more for the attention they get. The latest one I heard the other day while sitting at a red light: "Dude, look at those F'ing brakes!"

As far as cost on finding yourself a decent ride.... 10g will get you a nice car... but you may spend twice that trying to tweak it and personalize it. The choices are never ending..

Good Luck!

Thanks, all my extra money is going to go into that car.

I haven’t really posted here so I wasn't sure if anyone would reply, and I just thought I’d say that this board kicks other boards in the pants. Since I have a Honda I go to a few forums every once and a while and they are all *******s. Thanks for not being gay, haha.

4.6LSleeper said:
My friend borrowed his uncles 1929 Ford pickup the other day and we went cruising around town in it. We got tons of looks, thumbs ups, and reactions from people. What kind of reactions do you guys get in your classic mustangs? Any cool stories? I have a Honda Prelude right now and it gets me form point A to point B, but I want to sell it and buy a 1967-68 Mustang Fastback, does $10,000 sound like enough to get a decent one? All right, that’s about it. Don’t be afraid to comment.

Talk Section!

Swede958 said:
Guess everyone has their own tastes... still stand by mine though...

Anyways... agree about sweden. You know what they say... "True beauty is on the inside... except in sweden" :nice:

An I've heard about the australian women too. had a friend who's a SAW gunner go down there for training. Said the women were all over the 'yanks' because they were so much better than the local guys.

THe Swede

SAw gunner eh? Poor guy, those things are a PITA to lug around - course, not as bad as a 240 golf.