What kinda of horspower needed for 11's?

• Sponsors (?)

If you follow the NMRA Factory Stock class, in which the top racers will run in the 11's, most will be running at least 300 rwhp. That said, those are purpose-built cars, with a purpose-built suspensions, and with slicks. So, from that information, you might be able to extrapolate and say a full-weight street car, with street radials, might not ever reach the 11's... :D

Look, as the others have mentioned, you will need some sticky tires and a suspension that offers sufficient weight transfer. Someone once posted a little joke that goes something like this:

What does a 300Hp, 500Hp, and a 700Hp Turbo Supra have in common?
A 12 sec. timeslip.

The point being you can have gobs of power, but it won't mean diddly squat unless you can put it to the pavement.

Actually Factory Stock cars dont use slicks...

They run on Drag Radials, and the top cars are from 330-360 rwhp. With those mods following a specific weight rule (from 3100-3400 lbs on average) the top cars run from 11.4s to 11.7s.

I have personally seen a 295 rwhp car go 11.98 @ 110 not too long ago. It is possible without huge power, but on 275 street tires it is going to be hard. I would say a set of DRs, and 400 rwhp it could be close, but still tough!

My engine combo is a 302 w/ forged pistons. vortec s trim supercharger 9:5:1 cmpression king cobra clutch, all new motor.. rings, bearings,oil pump etc. head work, b-303 cams aftermarket intake throttle body, injectors, control arms 3.73s subframe connectors and welded torque boxes flow master, x pipe (no cats) shorty headers, 5 lug conversion 03 cobras 17x10 front and back disc breaks all 4 ram air hood, saleen wing repainted wet black. o and this is an LX coupe. I think its the lightest 5.0?

I ran my new combo first time (since put together in aug' 04) best was 11.68@118 mph on drag radials(nittos 275-40-17).This past saturday at a mustang event in Bradenton.I'm really happy with how it ran also next time(in January)run it with 150 shot of N20.Probally bring my slicks down with me but first try it on drag radials.

Killercanary ran a 12.18 i THINK with just a tad bit over 300rwhp and another guy over on corral actually ran a 11.98 i THINK if i recall correctly. Both in 94-95 verts that are HEAVY. Driving can be the different between a high 11-low 12 time slip and a mid 12 time slip.