What?!?! Magnet mod?!....

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds nice in theory, however if it really improved fuel efficiency, wouldn't they come factory installed on all vehicles (as a new EPA standard)??

Jinx102672 said:
It sounds nice in theory, however if it really improved fuel efficiency, wouldn't they come factory installed on all vehicles (as a new EPA standard)??

BOO-YAH!! You blasted the proverbial nail right on the head!!

Pughman, Sorry, I misunderstood your post. ;)

most automatic trannys have a magnet in the bottom of the tranny pan... lol

my dad was asking me about these cause someone told him it would get better gas milage but im sure you would be better off just buying $30 worth of gas than buying a magnet...

wesl56 said:
most automatic trannys have a magnet in the bottom of the tranny pan... lol

Completely different reason. The magnet is there to catch metal particles to prevent them from getting back into the tranny.

Geez I can't believe this thread hasn't died yet. What a waste of bandwidth :nonono:

[QUOTE='01 Steed]And that's about the only thing this "fuel rail magnet" will do....remove metal from the fuel. Even if it does that, it wouldn't remove any non-ferrous metals.[/QUOTE]
Not with both the magnets having opposite charges. The only thing that will do is repel things and force it apart. I tried explaining this above. Besides that, where is it going to remove the metal to ? When you wrap a magnet around your oil filter, it catches the metal in the filter so when you change the filter, the metal goes with it. When you have a magnetic tipped drain plug, you clean the drain plug tip of when you change the fluid. The only way this thing would work to trap metal in the fuel line is if the magnet was wrapped around the fuel filter and trust me, the motorcraft fuel filters are not magnetic. I know, I tried.

Well, first of all...that's part of my point. This mod is J-U-N-K! It should be on Myth-Busters! What I was eluding to above was that any magnet would only remove ferrous materials from the fuel stream. Obviously it wouldn't "remove" it from the fuel rail. :nonono: It would merely collect it against the wall of the rail.

Secondly, you mean "like charge", not "opposite charge". Opposite charge magnet attract each other. And where is it that he says that he placed two "like pole" magnets on his fuel rails???

Regardless, this is complete BUNK, and has ZERO validity.

LOL its so funny how peopel go off the walls about stuff liek this..I didnt spend 30 bucks..you can use a decently powerfull magnet that only cost like a buck or less...all it has to do is stick to the fuel rail..that is if you want to try it...even if it doesnt help anything I will jsut leave it as it cant really hurt anything anyways? LOL didn't expect people to be going so crazy and fighting over this..

lol I never said hey this works 100% ..everyone go out and do it! lol...I jsut aske dif anyone has tried it..I see now that everyone feels the same as me about not knowing how this would help nor is there any proof that it does (more proof it doesnt) so I am going to leave it at this :)

[QUOTE='01 Steed]Secondly, you mean "like charge", not "opposite charge". Opposite charge magnet attract each other. And where is it that he says that he placed two "like pole" magnets on his fuel rails???
[/QUOTE]
Forgive me, I meant to say "like charge" and not opposite charge, as I did in my first post in this thread. As for him placing two "like pole" magnets on his fuel rails, I dont see any place where he said this. I was only saying thats what the mod consists of.

On a side note, this thread was a good idea. This is definatley a mod that is not talked much about and at least it got some addressing down for once.