What % of you do/don't have catalytic converters? and drone follow up...

Please pick your set up..I have:

• oem (4) cat h-pipe

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • 2 cat h-pipe

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • 2 cat x-pipe

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • NO CAT h-pipe

Votes: 57 38.0%
  • NO CAT x-pipe

Votes: 30 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

93 gt: bbk shorties, flowtec x pipe no cats, flowmasters dumped. little drone great sounding tons of complements.
94 gt: stock headers, h pipe no cats, glass packs(this way when bought want replaced) stock tail pipes very loud and kinda annoying but sounds ferious at wot.

I'm running un-equal shorties, o/r-H, 3-chamber flows and a very slight drone. The 2 and 1 chamber flows have a mean drone. My girlfriend has stock headers, o/r H, and 2-chamber flows and the drone is obnoxious in the car, but not too bad from the outside (it's a hatchback fox)

3 chamber huh...I have 2 chamber delta flow. It sounds good. Drone don't kil me no more but man did you hear guero's WOT against that trans in "talk" section? WOW. :bang: But it is still one or the other man. Hey, I am in my 30's, have excellent hearing and 20/10 vision which means I can see what most of yo usee @10 feet, I can see clearly at 20 feet. BUT because I have good/great senses I am more sensetive to OUCH LOUD ness ... I just wish we had one guy here that had the absolute answer as to AWESOME sound like Guero and no killer boom.

stock headers, mac o/r H, and Mac flowpaths with 3" tails... drones a ton from about 1800-2050 rpm's, probably more than i would have liked... but if it didnt drone that would ahve been even worse. the only time drone is annoying to me is when it rattles loose change in my car and i think its gonna fall apart or when im stuck at that rpm on the highway. oh ya, and when im trying to listen to music at a normal level, or when im talking to someone, or when my g/f's in the car, or when i go by a cop.... u get the idea.it sucks but i'll live since i enjoy it every now and then. BTW i think the muffs have a bigger effect at creating the drone, but the offroad pipe just makes it that much louder.

The whole reason I got Magnaflows were because they have NO drone. My offroad Prochamber, shorties, and Magnaflows have absolutely zero drone, but it REALLY opens up when you get on it.

Pokageek said:
BVert, when are you going to get some longtubes for that car! :)
lol sorry i just saw this ... i am getting an aje k-member and jet-hot coated kooks for this build up. the rest of the exhaust is up in the air right now.

but i know that i am taking out the cats and want a fairly quiet exhaust note with no drone. i was thinking maybe 2 or 3 sets of pro-flow twister mufflers per side, sort of like what this guy has:

http://www.superstang.com/Exhaust/index.html

BlackVert said:
lol sorry i just saw this ... i am getting an aje k-member and jet-hot coated kooks for this build up. the rest of the exhaust is up in the air right now.

but i know that i am taking out the cats and want a fairly quiet exhaust note with no drone. i was thinking maybe 2 or 3 sets of pro-flow twister mufflers per side, sort of like what this guy has:

http://www.superstang.com/Exhaust/index.html

Any loss in HP on that Blackvert?