What RPM's give full charging with Steeda UD Pulleys? With stock or Steeda Alt pully?

I read most the posts on the UD's I could find, but I did not see any numbers on what RPM's will the Alt be able to provide full charging? I know at idle they will not be providing the full charge but what RPM will they be?

I have a Optima Yellow Top, and I really don't have my radio turned up when I am stopped, maybe for a short time but that is what the yellow top is for...right?

I also read some people don't swap the Alt pully and leave the stocker on there....that a good idea for a little more charging and a few more ponies?

Reason I ask, was I got dynoed this morning and the tuner asked why I was not running UD's. He said at about 1600RPM the Alt will provide a full charge, that sound true?

With two amps (800x1 and 400x4) and a 1 farad capasitor would I be ok to get some Steeda UD's?

~K

• Sponsors (?)

I checked with vendors of aftermarket hi-output alternators before. The turn-on RPM was like 700-950 RPM. That's the RPM where they start charging. Below that, nothing. The stock alternator was lower than than. Something like 650 or 685.

Look at it this way, you're either at idle or somewhere above 1000 RPM. The turn-on RPM of most alternators is below 1000.