What should i do first for exhaust? Help me!!

Jnstang89

Sep 22, 2003
South Florida
Right now my setup is h-pipe with 2 cats and they are both gutted out and 2 flowmasters. I want to get an o/r X pipe and spintech pro street mufflers. Which should i do first, The mufflers or the x pipe, Which one and i goint o notice a sound difference in the most? Also ifi keep the same mufflers and take out the h pipe with gutted cats and change it to an o/r x pipe will i hear a difference in just doin that? Thanks everyone

• Sponsors (?)

ive never heard flows with an xpipe before but people say it doesnt sound too good. then on the flipside, i dunno how the spintechs will sound with an hpipe.

i say you get an o/r hpipe and keep the flows ;)

I think the majority of people that say an o/r x and flows suck say that because they're just repeating what everyone else says. I love how my mac headers / o/r X and flows sound. Test of truth was last night, picked up the girl, she loves the exhaust but her mom hates it. Is there a better standard to judge? I don't think so. I know Killer didn't like his o/r X and flows, but I like mine. You WILL hear the difference from an hpipe to an xpipe, I did the switch from bbk catted H to a bbk catless X... HUGE difference in sound and performance. Much more raspier sounding, I think of it like this:

h pipe and flows - classic muscle car "nice rumle" was the comments I got

x pipe and flow - really different, a little raspier / dirtier. "what the hell did you do to that" and "that thing got a hemi?" was what my two roomates said when I pulled up