What should I do?

scooby1986

Nov 2, 2004
I am currently having an issue on whether or not i should spray my car... heres the deal... I have a stock AOD with 60,000 miles on it and i dont really wanna break my trans sinc eits my only car and i know they can hold any power at all... on the other hand i have a chance to trand my half together nitrous kit and cash for a set of Gt-40 Heads with 1.7 RR with 100 miles on them... any suggestions? I have already went 13.7@101 with my mods listed in my signature

• Sponsors (?)

dude for surley go with the heads. the clencher is DAILY DRIVER. nitrous works great when set up and tuned properly, but if it isnt tuned and set up properly their could be problems. chris

if its a fairly low amount of cash with the nitrous kit, i'd trade!, GT-40 heads work pretty well with the GT-40 Upper/lower, also your running a B cam like me, and it was built up around the GT-40 equipment from ford so you could make some good power numbers without Trashing your Non-built AOD, and most likely get some pretty good power numbers with that combo and wont cause the already weak AOD very much stress like the juice will-

Nitrous+AOD=crapola for its internals, and you might end up like me and spend $1500 WITHOUT the price of a stall converter on a Race Built AOD from the stock AOD going KaBOOM under stockish Torque numbers, just think of adding a extra 150RW Ft/lbs of torque and trying to do the 1-d-1 shuffle, man you should sell tickets to watch that show:nice: that will start your down payment on your new built AOD.

just my oppinion to a fellow mustang owner-
korey

save your money and find some better heads. Best thing you can do for a stang is make it breathe better. That would include heads, intake, cam and exhaust. After that any power adder that you add will work so much better because the engine can breathe properly. Definitely get the best heads that you can.