what should I expect and is that too much to ask for?

90mustangfan

Oct 18, 2005
So cal
What rwhp/rwtq Should I expect from Stock block with 100k rebuilt to 306, AFR 185's, Andersons B21 cam, Gt-40 lower, Blowzilla Kenne bell w/ bypass 9psi
90mm maf from kenne bell
75mm Tb
42# inj
Full exhaust
GOOD Tune
My estimation, H/c/I alone 300rwhp, then 123+rwhp from the KB, Is that realisitic 400+ rwhp with a/c, full belt,and most bolt-ons

Is 9psi too much to ask for on a stock block w/ better HG, will I run into reliability issue(blowing hg's)? What will a Setup like I mention be lacking in the powerband? Is 11's "realistic" in a full weight lx hatch? Would 3.73's be too much gear with the blower, I really want 4.10's, but they will be too steep?

• Sponsors (?)

in my opinion the 4.10s are gonna be too much to run. the kb is all about the low end. your just going to burn your tires off with 4.10s. ive read a couple articles that the kb's like stock ratio gears but i would guess thats just a preference

4.10's will probably be too much with a KB. You'll have tire shredding torque practically just off idle with one.

You should be pretty close to 400 HP, if not above with the KB + H/C/I, but I can't really speculate too much on power since no two combos are the same.

The Goals and one big concern is will that be enough to hang with 03' cobra stock/lightly modded or will that be enough to take modded ls1's...I want to be able to toast stock ls1's and be able to beat a few of the mooded(full exhaust, cam'd,) ones with the amount of effort ill be putting into my mustang, I want the mustang name to stand up for it self and not have ls1's be beating on me. What your take on this, will I be able hang with the big dog's(ls1's, ls'2s, 03' cobra, Evo's, sti's, gto's)