What should i look @

mustangdhk

Aug 15, 2004
Malden, MA
I recently finished putting my car back together and today was the day to start it up but of course nothing can go smoothly.

I underdrove the crank and water pump, deleted smog and a/c relocated p/s pump, i blocked everything off that relates to smog, i had to do valve cover gaskets so i had the upper intake off and all the vacum lines, i made sure they all went back on correctly except the ones i didnt need that where related to smog pump, theres really nothing else i can think of that would really have anything to do with it not turning over even the stuff i listed really shouldnt unless i forgot to plug something in which i dont think is the case because i checked and rechecked everything numerouse times.

The car wasnt starting at first but thats cause that stupid fuel pump shut off thing but the car did run for about 7-10 min when i shut it off to check for any fluid leaks i went back to start and it wouldnt turn the fuel pump was priming to.

What troubleshooting steps should i take...

What would cause it to not turn im pretty sure i have gas mabey not spark but i dont see how any of those parts would fail outta now where...

Well thats all i have to say about it any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

• Sponsors (?)

The cars not turning over? Its in the starter circuit somewhere. Nuetral safety switch....clutch pushed in....starter solinoid clicking ? Headlight work...batt could be dead but you'd get something. scratch that you said your fuel pump was priming. Check the connections at the starter as well.