What size MAF????

stunner6910

Oct 31, 2003
south texas
Now that i think i resolved a small problem with the vendor of my cobra intake(rio & GTeee :hail2: ) i am going to order all of my other parts. i'm getting the K&N FIPK and the intake comes with 70mm TB and 1/2spacer(i don't know what the spacer does, but ok). What size of MAF would be good for my induction set-up. I know it has to be calibrated for 19lb injectors. Also, do you all think i should trade the 70mmTB for a 65mm. my car will pretty much stay stock except for bolt-ons? thanx

ps: a friend of mine "shaved" the inside part of the stock maf and he claims that he felt a difference, is this true or :bs: he removed that 'bar' in the middle and sanded it down a bit. he also told me to remove the screen, which i did, and i read the thread about removing and regret it. but i guess that the good part is that i felt no difference.

• Sponsors (?)

i'm getting the K&N FIPK and the intake comes with 70mm TB and 1/2spacer(i don't know what the spacer does, but ok).

Sounds like that's a kit for 86-93's - make sure you are getting 94-95 specific. The T Body on our cars does not use an egr spacer.
On the MAF, you should only need an upgrade if you have more than the basic bolt ons - even with the Cobra intake the stock maf should be fine. Spend the money elsewhere first.
To be honest, I didn't feel much (if any at all) with a cold air or pulleys, and those were my very first 2 mods.
Best money spent on my car was w/the AODE - gears and the transgo, and make sure you get a trans cooler installed! Next were springs..made the car feel totally different as well

thanx man. and the FIPK for our cars is just a huge K&N filter that replaces the stock one and is open. these are best ran with a heat shield. and i'll be trading the 70mm for a 65mmTB. i'll also keep my stock maf but i'll have to get that screen for it since i threw it out. and the spacer is for the intake(i didn't amke that clear)

which is more restrictive, mass air meter or throttle body?

Good question, and the answer probably mostly lies in "opinions". Mine is that with basic bolt ons (exhaust, intake, pulley's etc), they should both be fine. Once you start getting into modding heads and cam, then they should need an upgrade.

The other thing I've found after owning mine 5 years....once you start modding - you CAN'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9lb302 said:
Good question, and the answer probably mostly lies in "opinions". Mine is that with basic bolt ons (exhaust, intake, pulley's etc), they should both be fine. Once you start getting into modding heads and cam, then they should need an upgrade.

The other thing I've found after owning mine 5 years....once you start modding - you CAN'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
with ported heads and the stock cam, i'm thinking that maf/tb will make a difference. i'm not worried about matching injectors because of the tweecer.