what spindles am I limited to?

• Sponsors (?)

Dang that thread has gone pretty well, lots of info, shoulda checked it first, huh.

Anyway, Thanks for the link. Any progress on your conversion?

no problem!

not yet, been really busy the past few days, and im going to be photographing a wedding this weekend, hope to at least finish the front end swap by the first part of next week...

Cobra pbrs bolt right on

The gt/v6 pbrs on the 99-04's require slight mod to the 94-95 spindles since theynsit closer

frontbrakes.JPG

You said that there is some modding involved with using 94/5 spindles with v6/gt pbr calipers. What exactly do you have to mod? I have a set and will be using them what do i have to do? I must have over looked sommething.

Here's a question: why would anyone want to use the "plain" PBRs vs the 13" Cobra PBRs? My 13" swap was cheap and easy. No grinding at all, just bolt on and go.

Mainly rim size is my guess. With the smaller pbrs, you can run 15" wheels up front, plug less rotating mass. Great for drag racing

It also allows you to put 15" wheels with snow tires on...as some have done.

They are also cheap as I have bought calipers and rotors and lines for under $100. I even sold some calipers and lines only for $40 without rotors. The 13" setup usually costs more

The gt/v6 pbr is a powerful brake...the 13" brakes have better fade resistance...and look better. On the average street driven car, either is a good setup.

Here's a question: why would anyone want to use the "plain" PBRs vs the 13" Cobra PBRs? My 13" swap was cheap and easy. No grinding at all, just bolt on and go.

i would love to grab some cobra brakes, but for the total $16 i have in the rotors, calipers, and pads ill gladly stick with the "plain" PBR's

i would love to grab some cobra brakes, but for the total $16 i have in the rotors, calipers, and pads ill gladly stick with the "plain" PBR's

Same here i didnt pay a lick for the ones i got... My buddy owns a auto recking yard and when ever a car is gonna get smashed he calls me up to pull stuff from it. I cant wait for him to get a new 2011 5.0 :nice:....

Same here i didnt pay a lick for the ones i got... My buddy owns a auto recking yard and when ever a car is gonna get smashed he calls me up to pull stuff from it. I cant wait for him to get a new 2011 5.0 :nice:....

make sure and let me know when he gets the 2nd 2011 with a new 5.0 in it, ill make the trip!:nice:

Dang that thread has gone pretty well, lots of info, shoulda checked it first, huh.

Anyway, Thanks for the link. Any progress on your conversion?

progress today! went to the junk yard to pick up some spindles, got them off after about an hour or so...those buggers didnt wanna come off the donor for anything! took a whole 5 minutes to get everything unbolted, almost an hour to get them both off the ball joint! ill take some step by step pics once i start to grind them down a bit. anyone know if a dremmel will do the trick?

done grinding!

so i got the spindle modification done today, only took 5-10 minutes per side with a dremil tool. got them cleaned up, and painted...installation begins tomorrow!:D