what to do?

i have about $1000 right now waiting to spen on my GT, i have an exhaust sitting in the garage (headers, midpipe) and im not sure what i want to do, i was looking on ebay for maybe a used S/C and FMU or just get a used cobra intake and maybe used heads but i want to know what u guys think i should do??

*gear arent an option bc i dont want to mess with the rear end yet

**no nitrous, its only a last resort

• Sponsors (?)

Why is everyone so opposed to getting gears? Oh, wait I was too! I know you said you don't want to mess with the rear end, but I would still encourage gears. I would also say try to find a used Edelbrock or Cobra intake. With those two you would notice a huge difference in acceleration. Oh, and a set of underdrive pulleys if you don't already have them.

5.0StangRacer said:
well, it looks like i might be around 900 insted of 1000 which sux but with gears, intake and pulleys, that should get my low 14's, but im lookin for 13's
If it were THAT easy to get into 13's with $900...WE ALL WOULD HAVE DONE IT!

Youre gonna want these mods anyway, and you WILL feel a SOTP difference, so I say go for it, keep the car tight and tuned, and continue from there over the summer :nice:
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
If it were THAT easy to get into 13's with $900...WE ALL WOULD HAVE DONE IT!

Youre gonna want these mods anyway, and you WILL feel a SOTP difference, so I say go for it, keep the car tight and tuned, and continue from there over the summer :nice:
RC

well, its more then 900 for 13's bc i already have full exhaust

I'd either go with gears like said above. But if you're not into that, I'd start putting together a H/C/I setup. Search around and find some good deals. I bought my twisted wedge heads (not on the car yet) for 650 bucks with 1.6 rockers on them, intake for 300, and all the other stuff for about 1/2 price. All are in nearly new condition also. I say just start looking around for used parts and save up a few more bucks. I'll have my H/C/I and all the supporting parts for under 1500-1600 which isnt too far off. Good luck...

Steve