what would you do in this case?

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
Ok here's the deal, I have an 88 GT Vert with a nice setup in it, and I want to sell it as a roller, so I have been looking at other rollers to drop my running gear in. I came across an add on Craigslist for a care near me in reading PA, a black notch, original V8 car with the M/T still in the car. 130K miles, seemed like a real nice car. I got the vin# from the ad and ran a quick carfax. Manufacturer buy back from the lemon law, and a Odometer rollback warning/discrepancy. car is cheap enough, but my real question is, the seller is NOT making any of this known on his ad, should the selling party make this known or is it up to the buyer to run a carfax beforehand? I did just because the VIN was there for me to read. :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Since he provided you the VIN I would say he has done more than enough on his part.

When i was looking to buy my first fox I had two or three people say they would only give me the VIN when I was at their house looking at it..
or
The dodging the question.. "i'm not home, i don't know the VIN"

surprisingly enough those cars all had accidents and 5+ owners..

Lemon Law :notnice:

Good luck,
-rS

Ok here's the deal, I have an 88 GT Vert with a nice setup in it, and I want to sell it as a roller, so I have been looking at other rollers to drop my running gear in. I came across an add on Craigslist for a care near me in reading PA, a black notch, original V8 car with the M/T still in the car. 130K miles, seemed like a real nice car. I got the vin# from the ad and ran a quick carfax. Manufacturer buy back from the lemon law, and a Odometer rollback warning/discrepancy. car is cheap enough, but my real question is, the seller is NOT making any of this known on his ad, should the selling party make this known or is it up to the buyer to run a carfax beforehand? I did just because the VIN was there for me to read. :shrug: :shrug:

I think I know what one youre talking about. The black one? org everything? Looks pretty decent. Didnt know it was a lemon though. Go check it out and see what you think. The lemon stuff might have been from the trans constantly failing:shrug:

btw Im going to bernville everyday to the Operating Engineers training site. I saw a white fox gt, red fox gt and a convert gt, all in the last 3 days. Any of them yours?