What would you do with $25k?

• Sponsors (?)

srdracingkevin said:
or u could buy my car for 25k and u have a apraised 58k car
I saw your car and considered it... IT was clean and shiny and everything but there just wasn't quite enough engine for my liking... Yeah your engine was BLING BLING but i want something to work on not just to look at...

When i saw your post on corral, all i could think was im glad this guy buying my car didn't find yours first.... lol

SeventyMach1 said:
Actually, I changed my mind. Buy a factory twin turbo sports car ... while keeping it FORD. I'd put it in the bank, let it triple, then get THE NOBLE M12. With the engine of a Taurus/Sable (Escape/Tribute), you can eat Porche's all day long .....
that is a new engine option, all the ones(3)that i have seen in person all had a mopar 3.5 v6. 25k won't even touch a rolling chassis. :mad:

Maybe I'm starting to show my age here but I'd invest it, pay off credit cards, or buy a house as was mentioned previously. If nothing else invest it and sit on it for a few years, all the while keeping your eye out for something REALLY cool. Then create something wicked.

I think a factory five kit car with that 427 would be INSANE.

If it was me, Id buy a nice 94/95 mustang gt/ cobra, or a clean fox body and instead of going all out on mods with it just yet, id throw the other 20k or so down on a 06 gt so id make it out damn good. You would only owe around 6k or so on a BRAND new car and a few years down the road if you wanted to sell it you would be truly banking on that car.

Just my thoughts, but then i always like the thought of having a fun fast car and a good looking nice newer Daily driver

Well as shocked as i was to get an offer to sell my car Last Saturday for 25 grand, i was even more shocked today when the guy came and looked at my car today and agreed to buy it after a week to think it over. The money is coming in person as a certified check, and i will be checking it with his bank to make sure its legit before i sign over the title.

So this brings me up to my question... What would you do if you had 25g's to spend on your car? I would say that has to also include the price of the car but i have a dart 427w longblock already and i have about the same in that or more then the purchase price of another 94/95.

To give you an general plans are as follows.
MMR TKO-950 (Heat Treated TKO-600) 2600
Probably a 9" rear end 1500?
My low compression dart 427w motor 6500
Turbo 4000
roll cage 1000
Paint and body 4500
That leaves roughly 5000 for like wheels, suspension, and misc.
Im sure i will go over budget, I always do but this time a couple thousand over budget doesn't seem quite as bad... lol

Im curious to see what others would do. Not really any limitations on this question.. So if you wanted a different year mustang or different car (heaven forbid :) )

Blast from the past. So Money Pit what did you end up doing with the $25K? Just curious.