What would you do with my 77 V6 coupe if it was yours?

78CobraII said:
I would just go with wheels for now. If your all-white aluminum mesh wheels are a bit much, you could probably find someone to remove the powder coating just from the rim, leaving it on the center.

that's a good option if it doesn't look quite right - thanks. We'll see. I have the red pinstriping on my car along the side and on the hood. I don't know why all of the sudden I'm thinking... hmm...I don't know about this. I guess that happens sometimes.

well, it will definitely be a different "look." I've been looking at a ton of coupe pics over the last couple of days ....most of them have the hubcaps and none have these Cobra II wheels.

• Sponsors (?)

Folly77 said:
that's a good option if it doesn't look quite right - thanks. We'll see. I have the red pinstriping on my car along the side and on the hood. I don't know why all of the sudden I'm thinking... hmm...I don't know about this. I guess that happens sometimes.

well, it will definitely be a different "look." I've been looking at a ton of coupe pics over the last couple of days ....most of them have the hubcaps and none have these Cobra II wheels.

here are the ones i have:

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25478

The aluminum mesh wheel was optional on most if not all MII's. It was standard (with Chamois painted centers) on Ghia's with the Sport Group option.

They will look great on your Coupe.

Personally I would go with a blackwall tire given the clean look of your car. BF Goodrich still advertises a T/A Radial in P195-50-R13 although it has raised white letters. You could always have them flipped around... :)

Folly77 said:
It's kind of hard to tell from the pic because it's far away but are your wheels all white or just white around the rim. They look great!

hi, I am going to try to put on another closer pic but with this server being as slow as it is and they image needs to be resize to almost thumbnail size, it will porbably take me awhile to get it on here. i will try. Your car looks great. again, i love th white interior except for trying to buy parts for it. it will kill you.

78CobraII said:
The aluminum mesh wheel was optional on most if not all MII's. It was standard (with Chamois painted centers) on Ghia's with the Sport Group option.

They will look great on your Coupe.

Personally I would go with a blackwall tire given the clean look of your car. BF Goodrich still advertises a T/A Radial in P195-50-R13 although it has raised white letters. You could always have them flipped around... :)

I've seen the Ghia sport group wheels and they look nice the way they match the car.

These wheels I have... I first saw them white with the pinstripes on a white Cobra II like 1970Impala's and I liked the way it looked. So I'm hoping to get the same effect.

The wheels are going to be flashy that's for sure, but that might be the thing I need to jazz things up. It's hard to know for sure how they will look until they are on the car. :)

I like the blackwall tire idea.

1970impala said:
i love th white interior except for trying to buy parts for it. it will kill you.

so true. white interior stuff in good condition is really hard to find. the few pieces I've seen for sale on Ebay for example are so grungy and nasty.

If you get a chance post a pic of your interior. I'd love to see it.

Here's a pic of my interior. The only thing I need to do is replace the carpet and I wouldn't mind new arm rests. They aren't bad but after 27+ years there's only so much grime you can scrub off. I'm sort of a perfectionist so even a little dirt bugs me. haha

Mustangclean002.jpg

Attachments

• Mustangclean002.jpg
    Mustangclean002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
Very nice! yes, i have pics of the interior also but this server is killing me. I am going to try this attachment but i am doing this at work so i can't spend too much time on this.

Attachments

• cobra win 5_05 for stang.jpg
    cobra win 5_05 for stang.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 81