What ya do, how long, how many hours??

• Sponsors (?)

Computer Systems Support, just got into it almost half a year ago. 40hrs/wk with 1-2 hrs OT here and there. I could a little more but really don't want to be here more than I have to be. The company I work for is great though: 9 holidays, 1.5 accumulated days per month for personal time, all benefits, etc. Pay is great, which is the only reason I even took the job (right out of school I had other plans, but this dangled in front of my face so I went w/it). I've done much more for much less, so it's worth it.

On the side I do metal polishing and refinishing, which is even better money. Too bad I didn't have 40hrs/wk (heck, even 20) to put into that as ongoing practice or I'd really have it easy!

I manage an automotive repair shop, and my wife is a rocket scientist.

Is there a joke in there or is that really what she does? One can never tell with you :p

I currently just got a job as a diesel mechanic working on school buses, little mini buses and cars used to transport kids to school. I start wednesday but pay is decent for starting for my age(20) and experience. Gotta work holidays except christmas and 4th of july mehh, but has benefits, 7am-5pm and work late if a bus needs to get done that day for the next day to get used. Once I heard Weekends Off I got a smile on my face, I kinda tuned the rest of the stuff out. When I turn 21 I need to get a CDL which I think is cool to have, i dont know why? :shrug:. If we're short on bus drivers then the mechanics and office secretaries join in, I thought that was weird but easy money :nice: and plow the lots so we can get the buses out on route and such. Not excited having to get up at 6-6:20am, im not a morning person :nonono:

Software developer. I work 45 to 50 hours a week in the office (not including a commute from hell), a few days I also work when I get home at night and on the weekends. I have been writing code for about 10+ years