Whats biggest tire you can fit on a 10Hole Rim?

• Sponsors (?)

Tiresize...

Well, whats you gonna do with those tires..? Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords had a Drag Radial test/ ET Street test, and they used some 275/50-15 tires mounted on the 10-holes. It works fine ,but they are not a must if you dont have to deal with 400+ horsepowers. The maximum Teoretically correct tire is 225s, but you can use 235-245 without problems. 275 tire is NO fast track tire installed on a 7inch rim... I use 235/60 and they are just OK for street/strip application. Use a 8-10 inch rim for wider Tires. Good Luck! :)

maverick0716 said:
Whatever. :rolleyes: You can easily fit a 245/60/15 on there if you wanted too. Hell I've even seen 275/50/15 drag radials mounted on a 10 hole wheel.

I tend to agree....with the original poster. I'm sure someone has tried even wider -- 295+ on the wheels, but just because the tire is wider doesn't make the footprint any wider. A wider wheel with a wider tire will work to give you a better footprint.

General rule of thumb to keep a reasonable footprint is the section width of the tire should never be more than 2" wider than the wheel it's mounted on. 225 is the section width of the tire in MM. The 10 hole is 7" wide. 7 + 2 = 9" maximum section width. 9" X 25.4 (mm/in) = 228mm section width. So, you really shouldn't exceed 225/235 on a 7" rim if you want the tread to actually stay on the ground across the full width. While people mount much wider tires on them all the time, they may be fooling themselves with regard to the effectiveness of that approach. 245 tire needs at least a 7.5" wheel. 255 needs 8" wheel - you can do the rest of the calculations using the info above.