What's it take to post a sound clip????

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
This'll make camera #2. The first one I used my sons digital SLR ($300.00). The "exhaust clip" was inaudible, and you could hear more of the alternator than the exhaust. The second attempt was made late yesterday w/ my wife's 10 MP still camera,($220.00) so I'm not using some camera phone to try and do this, yet it still came off as muddy, basically useless. :nonono:
What are you guys doing to get a decent sound clip? Since I've never been behind my car before (and revved it at the same time) I'm curious as to what it actually sounds like myself.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

DSLR microphones as a rule, suck. The one on your phone is probably the better of the two.

Try setting your camera at least 15 feet behind the car.
OK, on an iphone 4, how do I get the vid to my computer? Once I get it to my pictures I can get it posted from there.

And if I put any camera I've been using 15' back,...I'd be better off going vrrrooom, vrooom into the mic myself.

OK, on an iphone 4, how do I get the vid to my computer? Once I get it to my pictures I can get it posted from there.

And if I put any camera I've been using 15' back,...I'd be better off going vrrrooom, vrooom into the mic myself.

I'd watch that video! :lol:

If your exhaust is still too loud, back it up some more.

As far as getting it from your iphone to the computer... You'll probably have to to download it to Itunes then use a converter to change it to an mpeg format.

I'm posting all this from my iPhone4S laying in bed sick.

On the iPhone you can press the icon button at the bottom left of your video and select Send To YouTube. Then copy / paste your YouTube link. Or you can send your video to Photobucket and then post the Direct Link here.

Example- posting from YouTube. Video of my son iRacing Indy cars.

Posting this one from Photobucket.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/a129c085.mp4

I'm posting all this from my iPhone4S laying in bed sick.

On the iPhone you can press the icon button at the bottom left of your video and select Send To YouTube. Then copy / paste your YouTube link. Or you can send your video to Photobucket and then post the Direct Link here.

Example- posting from YouTube. Video of my son iRacing Indy cars.

Posting this one from Photobucket.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/a129c085.mp4

THERE'S one of those iphone guys! :D

Man that's pretty much as good as it gets unless you buy a GoPro which is about $300. I've even tried digital voice recorders but that didn't work any better than a camcorder. I really prefer exhaust clips where the car is moving under load...so you can either get a buddy to hold the camera or go out in the boonies and use a tripod on the side of the road.

Man that's pretty much as good as it gets unless you buy a GoPro which is about $300. I've even tried digital voice recorders but that didn't work any better than a camcorder. I really prefer exhaust clips where the car is moving under load...so you can either get a buddy to hold the camera or go out in the boonies and use a tripod on the side of the road.
Yep, through a set of ear buds, it sounds just like the thing does standing next to it. Amazing that a damn phone can do such a good job.
Now that I know how to do it, I'll be an unstoppable fool. I see me rigging up some contraption so I can secure it like a go pro. The next vid will be something I rig to the tail looking backwards as I drive, so it'll pick up acceleration from behind.

Yep, through a set of ear buds, it sounds just like the thing does standing next to it. Amazing that a damn phone can do such a good job.
Now that I know how to do it, I'll be an unstoppable fool. I see me rigging up some contraption so I can secure it like a go pro. The next vid will be something I rig to the tail looking backwards as I drive, so it'll pick up acceleration from behind.

I've tried that but they pick up too much wind. The GoPros have that box that shields wind and haven't figured out a good way to duplicate that. I tried tying my camcorder to the window frame of my door with a belt and it worked awesome for the video but the sound was just roaring wind.

I've tried that but they pick up too much wind. The GoPros have that box that shields wind and haven't figured out a good way to duplicate that. I tried tying my camcorder to the window frame of my door with a belt and it worked awesome for the video but the sound was just roaring wind.

What if I mount it looking straight back , like right on the license plate. That has to be dead air space??

Wearin a freakin Radar dish on his head. (If he only knew how much louder he could bark, he'd probably want to keep it on forever)
But a Great Dane w/ a 14" inverted cone on his head was disaster in the house

Yeah i know all about danes. One of my friends had 6 of them growing up, all inside house dogs, in a pretty small house.

Let us know what you come up with.

WOW... 6 at the same time? in a house? :eek:

Yep. His mother was the county dog warden, and she eventually went bankrupt because she kept bringing dogs home to save them from being put down. The danes tore her house to pieces. She had one named Harley (he was a harlequin, white with black spots) who was deaf...and he was massive. He was still very much a puppy at heart when he reached full grown, and when he got excited his tail was so big and bulky it actually busted up the drywall and broke all her nick nacks and stuff. Eventually he even broke his tail whacking it against stuff and had to have it amputated. Danes actually make great small space/apartment dogs but 6 in one house was pretty insane. She would spend most of her income to feed them.

Yep. His mother was the county dog warden, and she eventually went bankrupt because she kept bringing dogs home to save them from being put down. The danes tore her house to pieces. She had one named Harley (he was a harlequin, white with black spots) who was deaf...and he was massive. He was still very much a puppy at heart when he reached full grown, and when he got excited his tail was so big and bulky it actually busted up the drywall and broke all her nick nacks and stuff. Eventually he even broke his tail whacking it against stuff and had to have it amputated. Danes actually make great small space/apartment dogs but 6 in one house was pretty insane. She would spend most of her income to feed them.

We had a Blue Merle. Outlived the normal life expectancy,(8-9 years) and made it to 11. He was the best dog I've ever had. Very gentle, noble animal. He was a great house dog, and seemed to be very aware of his size. Mine had the dubious honor of running into a car and doing $1000.00 in damage when he ran into it trying to cross the road. (would've turned out much worse had he been a few seconds earlier) I buried all 137 lbs of him in my back yard by myself last year. He was a great dog.

We had a Blue Merle. Outlived the normal life expectancy,(8-9 years) and made it to 11. He was the best dog I've ever had. Very gentle, noble animal. He was a great house dog, and seemed to be very aware of his size. Mine had the dubious honor of running into a car and doing $1000.00 in damage when he ran into it trying to cross the road. (would've turned out much worse had he been a few seconds earlier) I buried all 137 lbs of him in my back yard by myself last year. He was a great dog.

Sounds like a good dog. One of the dogs my buddy had was a rescued dog who was brought in to be put down because he got that inverted stomach thing that Danes can get. She saved him and got him surgery. His name was Spike...he was really intimidating looking. One summer she got the idea to get an invisible fence and it worked great for all her other dogs (she had like 12 or so dogs total) so she decided to try it on Spike. She put the collar on him and let go and he started trotting across the yard....once he realized he was free, he just kept going. Once he hit the fence, he let out a little help from the shock and kept on trotting along like nothing happened. It took all i had to run that dog down...he was so fast and wasn't even at a full speed run. Damn those long legs.