whats needed to go blow-throught sq-trim

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok guys almost got the motor back in the car my question is what all do i need to covert from draw-throught to a blow-throught set-up

i have the mph mongoose kit (sq-trim vortech,42lb injector)

i ups just dropped off the cobra fuel tank w/pumps off today

whats the max hp i can get out of the stock cobra fuel tank and pumps before i need to upgrade to bap or gt pumps..

and if possible does some one have pictures of there car with blow-throught set-up i will need to know how to run the hoses thxs

• Sponsors (?)

ok cool thats was i was thinking just wanted to hear it from one of you guys to be sure

i am also looking at a wastegate and the smallest pulley i can get for the sq-trim

wastegate will be set to say 15psi and anything over that will be purged from the wastegate this should help to give the blower a little more kick on the low side of the rpm band here is what it should look like

WASTEGATESETUP.jpg

1. air enters intake
2.vortech compresses air
3.at the wastegate (if psi < N then wastegate opens) N=wastegate setting
4.intercooler reduces intake charge by (X%)
5.at bov (if intake manifold psi > intake psi then open)
6.pmas reads air charge and temp

Attachments

• WASTEGATESETUP.jpg
    WASTEGATESETUP.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 73
Ya it seems better. my tune isn't dead on just yet, bucks when I let off the gas, but it definitely helped my idle. If I floored it on the freeway and then put it in nuetral after i was done and coasted alot of times my car would die. Haven't had this problem yet with the new setup.

That's interesting as that is similiar to the problem I had. I bought my car as a Steeda and the programming was spot on. As I modded it, we were able to always get a pretty good programming. A couple years ago I started having the problem that as I came off a partial throttle for a period of time, like 5 miles on the freeway, the car would die. No amount of programming fixed that. However, I may have had other engine issues as I was blowing heater cores for example. When we tore the engine down, we had a piston that had warped in the middle and another with damaged rings. I hadn't tried your idea as I just read about it in a magazine a few days ago and then saw this post. We are programming the car now but with the new heads and cam, things are kind of psycho from a horsepower standpoint. The car went from 400rwhp at 6000 rpm's to 500hp at 5000rpms with the Livernois heads and cam. Since it's built to go to 7500rpm, we are just now looking at what we can get away with on 91 octane. However, if I have that stalling problem again, I think I will try moving the MAF.

BEFORE
S3010004-3.jpg

AFTER
S3010002-4.jpg
I would change that setup...when you floor it your supercharger is pushing boost into the valve cover where your crankcase ventilation is. I don't think you should do that, it will pressurize the oil pan. Move those hoses to the suction side of the blower where its vacuum.

Attachments

• S3010004-3.jpg
    S3010004-3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 65
  • S3010002-4.jpg
    S3010002-4.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
ok cool thats was i was thinking just wanted to hear it from one of you guys to be sure

i am also looking at a wastegate and the smallest pulley i can get for the sq-trim

wastegate will be set to say 15psi and anything over that will be purged from the wastegate this should help to give the blower a little more kick on the low side of the rpm band here is what it should look like

WASTEGATESETUP.jpg

1. air enters intake
2.vortech compresses air
3.at the wastegate (if psi < N then wastegate opens) N=wastegate setting
4.intercooler reduces intake charge by (X%)
5.at bov (if intake manifold psi > intake psi then open)
6.pmas reads air charge and temp

looks good just don't put the bov next to the maf, it will create turbulence when it opens and closes, that will affect your drivability

Attachments

• WASTEGATESETUP.jpg
    WASTEGATESETUP.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 84
i have a blow thru maf on my car.
first off, put the BOV on the inlet side of the IC. mine was originally on the outlet side (16" down from the MAF) and it caused terrible idle issues. do NOT connect the PCV to the pressurized side of the piping. mine has breathers in it now.

you will peg your MAF faster with a blow thru meter. my SCT3000 is seeing 1015 counts.

honestly if you want the blow thru for the BOV sound, dont do it. it gets REALLY annoying having a BOV that is constantly going off!!!

I don't know man that sound is awesome if you ask me. I've ridden in many of turbo cars and never get tired of hearing the BOV. I guess its another one of those personal preference things.BTW :hail2: to saleen's bada$$ ride:D

it does sound great on turbo cars. they aren't venting at idle!!:( trust me.....it is cool for about a month but when you have to hear it blowing off while you are cruising the interstate it gets old fast!!

when i was at MW i would be cruising the strip and it was blowing the sand on the street around like a lead blower!!

ok guys almost got the motor back in the car my question is what all do i need to covert from draw-throught to a blow-throught set-up

i have the mph mongoose kit (sq-trim vortech,42lb injector)

i ups just dropped off the cobra fuel tank w/pumps off today

whats the max hp i can get out of the stock cobra fuel tank and pumps before i need to upgrade to bap or gt pumps..

and if possible does some one have pictures of there car with blow-throught set-up i will need to know how to run the hoses thxs

why would you wanna convert , draw thru has always been proven to easier tune , and provides better driveability