whats the easiest/quickest??

bart

May 16, 2003
tn
what is the easiest way to do a driveway torque converter swap? slide the tranny back? pull the motor? or a combination, slide back tranny and pick up motor? i have the tools to do it, and ive had the motor in and out a few times, but i cant stand pullin the motor and i REALLY cant stand even movin the tranny. the amount of space i have is very limited and ill have to take the collector off to move the tranny...blah blah blah. plus im cheap, dont wanna pay somebody hundreds to do what i can do in a days time. however ive never tried to do a TC swap(with the motor still in) so i really dont know whats the easiest and quickest way. enlighten me please.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Bart, if you can get the car up high enough then pulling the trans would be quicker. Make sure to put a new front pump seal on the trans when its out. Also you said that youve had the engine out, but if the the rear seal isn't that new, now would be a good time to change it.
Bill

billheis said:
Hey Bart, if you can get the car up high enough then pulling the trans would be quicker. Make sure to put a new front pump seal on the trans when its out. Also you said that youve had the engine out, but if the the rear seal isn't that new, now would be a good time to change it.
Bill

ok, yeah last time it went back in, it went back in "new" all seals and everything. i had a rod makin a little noise, so i just had it rebuilt/built. so rear seal has maybe 5 months on it.