Whats the most HP you've gotten out of a MAF?

• Sponsors (?)

So you're planning to build upwards of 1000 HP or more? There are MAFs that will get you there...

What's the point to this anyway? I mean, nobody just builds an engine to push the limits of their MAF...

I have a built RB25 240 (I have a thread about it) thats going to push more than 1000rwhp
Im trying to see how far I can push a MAF, thats the point of this thread. I really dont want to spend all the money into speed density. My current MAF pegged at 435rwhp (SHAME!) So im looking for something to get me to my goal of 1000rwhp...

As for the details on the car, either go read the thread or dont ask.... it can do the power.. I just need to get it there!

well for starters, there is C&L part # 140T is a tuner MAF for the 89 - 01 Mustang.

"Our 85mm Tuner MAF is a new type of mass airflow unit that is designed specifically for use by tuners and those individuals who use adjustable computer systems such as the Tweecer and EEC-Tuner packages. Measuring in at 85mm and flowing 1215 CFM, it is the largest size that will fit the most common 3 1/2" diameter plumbing used by most aftermarket supercharger or turbocharger applications for 1989-2001 Ford vehicles.

This unit is intended to support high horsepower applications, including blow-through arrangements generating as much as 1200 HP."

The Lightning MAF can also give you some headroom...and another option is to add a DiabloSport MAFia - an add-on gimmick for folks with a pegged MAF. These two options are the most popular ways to handle cars with 'just over the MAF limit' power levels.

And SCT now makes MAFs...their SCT BA-3000 (90mm) can support 400rwhp to 725rwhp on Centrifugal Blower applications, and 400rwhp to 825rwhp with Root Style Blower applications.

The new kid on the block is the Abaco MAFs. This is the manufacturer you really want for BIG power. Standard DBX 85 supports up to 1000 h.p. and the special order DBX 85 supports up to 1300 h.p. In addition, the standard DBX 97 supports up to 1300 h.p. The special order DBX 97 will support up to 1650 h.p.

ALL of these were quickly found at one of StangNet's sponsors...Ford Mustang Mass Air Flow Meters / Sensors, Mustang MAF Units and Sensors at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!. You should also visit the manufacturer's websites.

I don't think the cost of going to a speed density stand alone will be high at all... especially compared to building 1000rwhp. There are plenty of great options out there, starting at around 200$ and going up. Besides, speed density will generally perform better on a boosted engine than an MAF can.

Thankyou!
Thats what this post was for!

As for going speed density... I will eventually... but I spent ALL my money on the build so thats gonna have to wait. I was just seeing if there was a way to do it with a MAF.

Thanks for your time.
_Thomas

If your running a Ford MAF get a diablosport MAFia and you should be fine. I have a SCT BA2400 maf in a blow through setup and it pegged at 400 rwhp. They are supposedly better for suck through setups though. My next MAF will be a PMAS tube style maf. I wouldn't go with a Abaco if I were you. The only guy who I know who had any experience with one threw it away and put a PMAS on his car. He had all kinds of tunig problems with the Abaco. It was someone on here too. I don't remember who though.