what's the widest tire I can fit?

But what brand 275. Nittos run small, BFGs and Goodyear run wide. A wide 275 will look and fit awful on an 8" rim, but a norrow would work. My friend has 315 Nittos on 17x9 03 Cobras and they fit alright, a 315 BFG, not even close!

• Sponsors (?)

those were falkens. My brother has Kuhmos on his and they look fine as well. We just went on TireRack and looked at the specs of how wide they run and found one that seemed to be alright

as for the front, GSX, id run a 245 on a pre 1991, and a 255 on 91+ because of the difference in fenders. I happen to have one of each fender on mine :nonono: and that 275 only rubbed the pre 91 side

oh no .... i have had my mind set on going witha a 245/45/17 275/40/17 set up for a while now .. they are only 9 inch rims but the two sizes just go together so good ... my parade just got rained on though .. have either of you had bad past experience with this combo? .. i plan on lowering the car also .. so let me know what you guys think ... sorry to barge in on your thread also lol .. i was going to suggest a 275/40 though ...

i just took mine out for a test drive after converting to 5 lug rear disks with floating rotors, trac loc rebuild with carbon disks and putting 3.55's in and lowering it and my front tire is rubbing when i turn. I have the split 5 spokes also. i might hafa start cutting and rolling the fenders. :mad: i have an 87 if that counts cause i heard the fenders were a bit different. BTW i have FMS C springs.

ya i have the same springs (C's) and the fenders are a rather BIG difference. the .75" makes quite the difference, especially on the front fender moulding (in front of the tire)

Like in my above post......see my sig (kinda)...thats a pre 91. Not an optical illusion. On the big pic i posted the front fender looks exactly like the rear :) :(