What's up Stangnet? An update for anyone who remembers me

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
Haven't been visiting in a while, but here's an update on my happenings for anyone who remembers me, or just some current info for people who don't.

Well, I got my all of my autometer's installed thanks to Foghorn and Edbert, and my girlfriend bought me Competition engineering subframe connectors for my B-day back in May. I also rolled some change and had enough for a pair of Lakewood 90/10 drag shocks. These 2 mods helped my launch a lot.

In addition to that, my girlfriend FINALLY found a 68 coupe for herself. In fact she found two, for 1700. The one we are going to restore/restomod for her, is about to get new floor pans, and T5, and a 302 roller cammed motor with a Performer RPM intake and carb, or a factory rated 330 h.p. 390 from a 63 Mercury Monterey with a mild cam, intake and carb.

We also decide to fix the 87 coupe she has, because with the spare parts my and 3 of my buddies donated to her, it will be a nice car for VERY VERY cheap. It is a black V8 coupe with a 302 roller cammed motor with a B303 cam, Performer RPM intake and carb, with a five speed.

On another note, about a month ago, I guess you could say I've crossed to the dark side. I bought a 03 Chevy 4wd, but it's a nice truck. It only had 20k on the clock and I got it for 14,999. It already had a painted fiberglass bed cover, SS (street scene) aftermarket mirrors, and vent gaurds, and some oversized tires. I love it. It's a good parts hauler, and I bought it to transport Mustang parts and to haul my 68 to the track with. It's Arrival blue, very similar to Sonic Blue.

I guess that's about it.

• Sponsors (?)

That '63 Merc 390 in the Stang sounds really innnnnnnnnn-teresting!

it also won't work. hate to be the bearer of bad news there but the exhaust manifold bolt pattern won't work in a stang. you have to have the "dual" bolt pattern heads to use them in a stang also known as the "gt" head. there may be some aftermarket header companies that have a header that will work those heads but they would cost serious cabbage. i'd stay with the roller motor idea personally. BTW nice to see ya back, a lot of people have disappeared from SN lately

bnickel said:
it also won't work. hate to be the bearer of bad news there but the exhaust manifold bolt pattern won't work in a stang. you have to have the "dual" bolt pattern heads to use them in a stang also known as the "gt" head. there may be some aftermarket header companies that have a header that will work those heads but they would cost serious cabbage. i'd stay with the roller motor idea personally. BTW nice to see ya back, a lot of people have disappeared from SN lately

Maybe I could use that as an excuse for her to buy some Edelbrock heads!