wheel help.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
I just installed my new wheels. they are the 93 cobra replica wheels 17x8.5's I got them from late model restoration or 50resto. I noticed the wheels aren't hub centric and I called them, they told me they are lug centirc and they have sold hundred of these sets w/o issues. I'm new to this lug centric deal is this okay or what, i'm a little nervous to be honest. I made sure to put the lugs on by hand and snug them with a ratchet then I tourqed them with the wheels of the ground, I had my friend step on the brakes , tourqed them to 100flbs to be safe, before I set the car down to help keep them aligned.

They told me just about all the rims for the 79-93 mustangs come with a larger i.d center hole. anyone else come across this. any ideas, am i safe, how about center rings, what are the measurements for the rings, 91 mustang 4-lug. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Most all of the aftermarket wheels are lug centirc. The differents is that on an hub centirc wheel the weight sets on the hub and the lugs. On lug centirc wheel the weight sits on the lugs, not really the best thing but don't really see to many probables with them. The wheels I have on my car are lug centirc and i ended up breaking the carrier in the rear end before anything else.

maybe you are right and I am worrying to much :D . like I said I'm knew to this(mustangs not cars in general) and it just didn't look right to me when I put them on, kinda gave me the mikey moused feeling. I just was looking to see what others experienced with wheel swaps to see if I'm okay or need rings or something. I'd hate to loose a wheel, and if you knew what I have been going through with this thing lately you would kinda get the feeling why I haven't been feeling lucky lately. ahh but I'm still having fun and pressing on, thanks for the responces.