Wheel Hop and Squeaky Brakes

Does anyone out there know if there is a fix for the wheel hop problem or the squeaky brake problem? I'm getting close to the 12/12 warranty end and was waiting for Ford to issue a TSB on these items but haven't heard anything new.
Is everyone with the GT and stick having the wheel hop problem? Mine seems to exhibit the problem even in wet conditions, a little less with the TC off but it still rears it ugly head when the car starts to get traction. I have never tried to do a smokey burnout and am sure that it wouldn't happen during that type of circumstance, I just hate when the car is shaking and bouncing at the slightest acceleration.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have squeaky rear brakes, but no longer. Dealer replaced old pads with new "softer" pads that Ford is apparently putting in recently produced stangs. That's what he told me, at least. Anyhow, it cured the problem completely, for the last month.

Now if I can only get an operable Shaker :fuss:

By the way I had the problems with my shaker 1000 as well, waited forever for a replacement to come into the dealer but all is working fine on mine now. Only problem was that they scratched the plastic below the radio on the console a bit. Hang in there, once you get a radio with out the problems you should be very happy with it.

I've done numerous smoky burnouts and hard launches with nary a bounce...until last night. I took my friend for a ride to show off, and suddenly every launch I did was hopping like a scene from "Bullit". I havn't looked into it, but the change was sudden and radical.

i have that too with the wheel hop.

i remember when i had my 93 supercoupe, the manuels where having the same issue and they had something for the rear springs to stop it. so kind of help bag or something, been a while and can not really remember.

I have read on this forum that the pinion mesh could be a problem, this dates back to last year. I was just wondering if many others experienced this problem and if Ford had a fix. I hate to start modding the rear end unless I'm changing the gearing. I want to try and keep the car stock for a while to maintain factory waranty.

I checked with local dealer about sqeaking brakes on 05 vs 06 and if any fix was available from Ford. They claim that the part numbers are the same for both years and that they are not aware of a solution to the problem yet. If anyone out there has figured this out please help! I am getting nowhere with my dealer, mine has been squeaking horribly since about 200 miles on car, now have just under 10k.

Red Pony-when was yours built? My 05 was manuf in may/deliv in june, and I have no brake squeal and very little to no wheel hop. I don't really drop the clutch that much, but I do accelerate hard often w/ little problem. Maybe I'm just lucky.

why not just have the pads replaced anyway at Les Schwab? Might be worth a shot, not sure how expensive it is? Also, have you had the dealer check to see if fluid is leaking from the calipers? That was happening with mine as well, and dealer fixed.

My car was built in Sept and squeaked from day one, until the dealer fixed the leaky caliper and installed new brake pads.

Thursday I go to have my FOURTH Shaker 1000 installed, that's been the really frustrating thing for me. I'm just hoping this one works properly!

Good luck

My brakes does'nt squeak but the discs bends. When I'm in "performance" driving condition with hard accel/decel/brake/gas/brake/gas....it's does'nt take long and the brakes shakes like hell. At the dealer they told me noting could be done other than buying performance brake set from an aftermarket company...Sounds weird to my ears.
For the wheel hop...I've got the same problem. If I launch under 2500 with hard trottle, it bounce like a Kagooroo...over 2500 I stay right there and will blow the tires. In dry condition without TCS it's the only way I found not to bounce....in wet condition or with the TCS nothing to do.....it reacts like if the car will fall appart.

Have a good day!

topless beach I'm not sure of the exact build date, I will tell you that it was in my garage last November. I know there where posts about how to read VIN and determine build date but forgot where exactly.

AdrenalineRush, thanks for the advice and feedback. My wheel hop is exactly how you described it. I called dealer again yesterday and asked the sales rep to step in and offer some advice, all he suggested is that I replace the pads with ceramic ones. He also keeps trying to sell me on the line that metallic pads squeak and all cars are using them now, my response...then why am I driving in stop and go traffic and can only hear my brakes making noise.
Not what I wanted to hear, I will look into the leaking calipers though.

I can't express how frustrating it is to continue to drive this car when it sounds like crap at every braking occurrence, especially when I know other 05 GT owners are not having the same problem.
Thanks all, if anyone else wants to weigh in please do.