Wheel Hop??

The TCS seems to CAUSE massive wheel hop in what ever it is doing. When ever I'm driving I am often reminded quite quickly that I forgot to turn it off when I hit a turn or take off from a light and the car shudders and farts like mad instead of just giving me a nice subtle 'chirp' or all out tire smoke if that was my thing at the time. (that was a long sentance)

TCS=POO

The only reason I haven't used a tune to turn it off for good is I do find it a useful nanny for me when it does rain the one or two times a year in SOCAL. I tend to forget the ground is wet. ;)

• Sponsors (?)

i found i got wheel hop whenever i tried to light em up or launch hard.

i lowered my tire pressure at the track and it just made it worse.

i installed lower control arms, and that got rid of most of it. during wet weather if the tires broke loose a little bit, it just hopped. and i'll got the same thing the OP got, with the whole inside feeling like it was going to rip out.

i just recently installed a steeda adjustable upper control arm, and i've been able to launch it as high as i want, and just have to worry about traction.

i have not had one bit of hop with the upper arm now.

i've left plenty of marks to prove i don't have wheel hop now haha.

i mainly drive with TCS off except in bad weather conditions. because if theres any chance of wheel spin, it feels like you stalled, and just sucks. haha.

Alright, from my understanding wheel hop is only a issue with irs. Our cars have live axles.. why is this happening and how do I fix?? Lower control arms.. would that fix?? Does anyone else experience this so called wheel hop??

If your car is lowered then I believe you need, most of all, relocation brackets for your LCA. Lowering the car changes the angle of the LCA and it should be level with the ground if this car is your DD.

Wheel hop isn't just limited to IRS. Wheel hop (& axle wrap on leaf spring set-ups) has been happening since the beginning of the "power" era.

I used to get wheel hop really bad on wet pavement when the car was stock. Once, I got my wheels and tires. it got better. Than, I got my shocks/struts and springs it got even better, even with my performance upgrades. Now with the addition of the BMR Billet LCAs it is gone.

I did my UCA and LCa's at the same time; wheel hop disappeared entirely. I've heard the replacing the lowers will eliminate most of it, but I did both while I was down there. One of the best, cheapest, and most easily installed mods I've done to date. I can actually enjoy burn-outs since I did it.