wheel spacers, looks, durability, pictures

so are you saying that people lost a wheel to 5 sheered studs? wow that is quality stud ha ha.

I have not seen that in person under normal driving before. I have seen wheels fall off but it was just do to people not following torque recomedations like I posted above. actually remove the wheel and retorque the spacer before you hit the 500mile mark.

yeah if you are going to run wheel spacers buy nice ones.

now whether they are obvious or not is just a matter of opinion. if a car is parked with an open rim I will notice them 100% of the time but I am a car oriented person. there is just a contrast between the color of the rotor, spacer, and wheel. you may be able to powedercoat the spacer to minimize this though.

• Sponsors (?)

haha well my wife is pretty hot. if the u.s. rips in half and ohio and cali become one state you guys are more than welcome to add on to our house........ lol she looks like a shorter jessica simpson (with out the personal trainer) lol. she s actually the one that told me to buy a mustang right after our daughters first b day. if i wasnt so lazy id post pics for ya.... anyways~~~ off to try second attemped of catless x pipe install.

hognutz said:
so are you saying that people lost a wheel to 5 sheered studs? wow that is quality stud ha ha. .

Yes it does happen but in all fairness those people were not running hubcentric spacers.

Using spacers to push the wheel out creates additional stress on the lug. Same idea as a lever. The farther you are away from the fulcrum, the easier it is to lift.

All i'm saying is that if you want to run spacers at least do it right. The extra $20 spent on hardened lugs might seem overkill, but i consider it worth it if the other option is losing a wheel on the highway.

Dont get the spacers.....if you're going to get 18x10 saleen replicas, you wont need wheel spacers. 18x10 saleen REPLICAS sit out almost 3/4" more than authentic saleens. TRUST ME. i've done tons and tons of research on this subject. The offset on the replicas i have sets the wheel out almost flush with the fender...they sit out so far that they rub on the fenders when going over bumps (so i had to roll the fenders)

18x10s with 295/35/18

Glossy.jpg

Tires.jpg

Attachments

• Glossy.jpg
    Glossy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 44