Wheel Spacers

• Sponsors (?)

yes, but only a half an inch?
My rims were made with a 2 inch offset in the back, and they really fill out the wheel well better, but are noticable further out than the front, which might turn some people off.
Some pics of my car, too bad its dirty...

so do these spacers make your wheels go further out in your wheelwells? ive never heard of them before, and am VERY interested. my rear wheels seem burried in my wheelwells, i would like to move them out a few inches probably. these dont throw your wheels off balance or anything?, and where can i get them?

Yes these spacers make your wheels go further out from your wheelwell, although on mine they were so far back i needed to buy new longer "extended tip" chrome lugnuts so they would show up, but i kept the chrome lugnuts i had bought for the front one on...
I hope that these 'wheel spacers' work the same way as having the wheel CAST like in my case, i assume the company you would buy these spacers from would tell you that.
(But my wheels look like monsters!) :cool:

I know of 2 types of spacers. First are the ones that push each of the wheels out 1 inch (I have never seen them for more than 1 inch). These have their own lugs. First the spacer is tightened onto the existing lugs. Then the tire is mounted onto the spacer. I believe these are pretty safe.

The second types are less wide spacers (1/4 to 1/2 inch), These just slip onto the existing lugs then the wheel is mounted on next on the same lugs. THe problem with these is that they can be unsafe because the lug nuts tdo not have enough threads because the spacers have pushed the wheel out up to 1/2 inch. I considered these for my 94 Mustang but decided agianst them because there were no excess threads on the lugs. So before you use this type of spacer, check to see if you have threads on you lug showing with the lugs tightened. I would still like to use a 1/2 inch spacer but I would want to put on longer lugs. If anyone knows how to get the existing lugs off, I would like to know.

By the way, both types of spacers are always available on Ebay. The 1 inch spacers run about $90-$100 for a pair and the 1/4 to 1/2 inch spacers run less than $20.