When do you upgrade the stock fuel lines and rails???

Dan Gray

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
I was wondering when do you or at what hp should you upgrade your stock fuel lines and rails. I know im approx at 425 hp with my current combo and its running lean. So im upgrading injectors(36or 42lbs not sure yet) and also installing a 255lph pump. But will the stock lines and rails handle the pump and approx 425 crank hp?

Thanks

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

I am not sure at the exact numbers but what I do know is that you do not want to skimp on the important stuff like the fuel. Why spend all that money on the motor but not have the supporting stuff that holds it together.Spend the extra money and you want have to worry about it.

I would have to agree. When I supercharged my Cobra, I upgraded to 42lbs injectors for 400 bucks. I didn't absolutlely have to, but he said either I can max out your 24lbs inj. with an FMU and the car will be sensitive in certain weather and you may hav eto worry, or you can spend 400 bucks get 42lbs no FMU and don't worry at all. So thats what I did, and I drive that car in the summer and early spring when its still 35-45 degrees, and no problems. Gas mileage is excellent too. Spend the $$

Well i know my injectors are too small, so im going to upgrade those. And after doing some calculations i should be ok with the 190 pump i have now. Really i just need to chassis dyno it:D I was just concerned the stock lines and rails are too small to flow enough fuel to feed approx 450hp.

Thanks