Roush When is a fake not a fake?

foxbodysaleen19 said:
Thanks for writing that as I was about to writing and just tell him he is full of ****!

I wouldn't have E-mailed the guy had he not made that comment at the end of his listing. "THIS IS A REAL SALEEN SO PLEASE DON'T EMAIL ME IF YOU DISAGREE, MEANING SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY." Well, I'm SERIOUSLY inquiring whether his facts are straight and his car is legitimate. :rlaugh:

S281SC#08 said:
you must post the reply if he does reply

Will do, but I have a feeling I won't be hearing from him.

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen mike, good info on the hood, you go back 10-12 years, i wanted the saleen hood, but if i remember from my catalog it was like 800 or so, which was a bit much for myself as a 17 year old.

If you take the first car, and loose the paint and logo on the hood, it would be a very good looking car. (if you could forger about the rest of the stuff they did)

BobV said:
Wow, a 95 "S281", with a 5.0 engine - that'll rewrite the Saleen history books..... :rolleyes:

:stupid:

Edit:
It gets even better - he claims it's car #97 of 110 based on this plate:
View attachment 501794

Jeez - if you're going to create an air car, at least get the ID plate stamping right... :nonono: :rlaugh:

Ha!

The funniest thing about that engine bay plaque is Saleen never in a million years would have spent that much time getting the stamps so perfect and clear. First dead giveaway was that the nums were to small. Most every engine bay plaque stamping from Saleen is always on the sloppy side.

Oh, so now the guy says he himself was mislead about the authenticity of his "Saleen" after arrogantly claiming it was real & defying anyone to prove otherwise.
How typical... blame it on someone else.

Whatta ignorant tool. :stupid:

A friend of mine ended up buying that 95/97 Faleen, but he knew it was a fake. I'll report back more on it once I've seen the car in person and talked to him more.

Funny thing, he emailed me last night asking me how to find out if it was real or not, I sent him a link back for that car saying I hoped it wasn't the one he was talking about. Sure enough...