Where to buy the new Shelby GT 500 without 20k markup?

BadTony

Apr 29, 2005
Vancouver
I realize that these cars are not currently available but ...
does anyone here know any SVT dealers that abide by a 'no-markup' (above MSRP) policy?

I'm looking to order & purchase the new SVT Shelby GT 500 without paying a 20k markup. I've talked to Landmark Ford this past weekend and they stated that they currently have aver 80 people on a list that have dropped 20k and are calling them one by one to see if they will pay the 20k mark up to pre-sell the car. So far they claim 2 people have agreed.

I also have called the SVT Information center and did not really get much of an answer.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, but those cars are not going to sell at $10k over msrp for very long. Ford says that they are limited production for 2 years only. In 2 years if chevy remakes the Camero, and Dodge the Challenger, Ford will have no choice to continue the GT-500, or even offer a badder vehicle. I work hard for my money and I refuse to piss away 10k to a dealer when i can wait till next January and pick one up at list or maybe even under on year end close out. If that doesnt happen, then I will wait and purchase a used one from some idiot who agreed to pay too much then couldnt handle the payments. If i wanted to pay $60k for a car it would probably be a z-06 vette not a mustang. So Landmark found 2 people out of 80 that would pay 20k more to be first, either they are filthy rich or very stupid. Once that car drives of the lot your not going to ever be able to get that 20k back, unless your car is still in mint condition 30-40 years from now, and we are still able to get gasoline to drive the engines. I will be happy with my car until i can afford to pick up a Shelby gt-500 without putting a second mortage on my house.

fast99cobra said:
So Landmark found 2 people out of 80 that would pay 20k more to be first, either they are filthy rich or very stupid. Once that car drives of the lot your not going to ever be able to get that 20k back....

Cars are a terrible investment anyway, you should only buy a car because you want it for basic transportation or because you are a fan of the car, nothing more. They may say it's limited production, but look at the Gremlin, it was supposed to be a one-off joke for the owner of GM and he liked it so much they mass produced them.

You're rolling the dice to buy a car just to park it and hope to make money in 50 years. If the GT500 makes money for Ford, why would they quit making it in 2 years? On the other hand, they very well could stick to the plan to stop making them and force a "collector" status on the car in 50 years. But if you were making money on something, would you stop, just so somebody else could make money on it?