Where to start

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
Well I am getting my 93 roller back from the body shop this week. I had my rollcage painted, as well as under the hood. right now the car is just a roller. It was a 4cyl car, and I am going with a built 8, and a manual tranny. I have a donor car. I will be using the rear, k member, interior, dash, out of that car. I think I will be ordering the motor within the next month or so. I basically want to get the car setup, and drop the motor and trans in last. But I am not sure where to start. I guess I should start with the k memeber and the rear, which I plan on doing a 5 lug conversion too. Then move onto the interior and dash? I also have to do fuel and brake lines, and a battery relocation. Does this sould like a plan?

• Sponsors (?)

I suggest you install a tubular K-member at this time. The weight saving is big.
It's also a good time to weld in some sub-frame connectors... the roll cage won't cut it all by itself, especially if it's a bolt in style or not welded to the frame.

If you are not putting in an aftermarket K-member, there's no reason to swap it, they're the same in the 4-cyl & 8-cyl...Brake plumbing on the 4-cyl body will work & the under-dash wiring is the same for the 4 & 8 cars so there's no need to swap out dashes either, just the instrument cluster because of the tachometer. the 4-cyl fuel lines obviously won't work. If the car has subframe connectors on it, you'd be better-off doing a braided fuel system since you won't be able to snake the stock 5.0L lines in without cutting the subframe connectors (found this one out the hard way)...It's a pretty big undertaking, but I managed to do it, so you can too...just take your time & make sure you don't dispose of the donor car until you are finished (I made that mistake too), or you might find yourself searching for/buying parts that you just tossed away.

There's a lot more to the swap than I mentioned here, but I figured you'd just ask when you run into an issue...Enjoy & good luck to ya!!