Where's that Magnaflow Guru?

GotMustangs

May 11, 2003
Tacoma, WA
I don't know if this has been gone over a million times, but I want to find out what it would take to swap out my Magnaflows for Magnapacks. I have a stainless Magnaflow cat-back and I'm wanting to find out if it's possble to do a bolt-in installation with Magnapacks. I think it'd be cool to have the option of running either muffler whenever I want. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Magnaflows have an offset on the actual muffler where the Magnapacks are straight thrus. If you can bend the tailpipe a bit to get the before muffler pipe to match up with the after muffler pipe, it may work. Those two cat-back systems are different due to the muffler. Your exhaust tips may be slanted to the outside coming out of your rear bumper if you do that.

TrueBlueCajun said:
Magnaflows have an offset on the actual muffler where the Magnapacks are straight thrus. If you can bend the tailpipe a bit to get the before muffler pipe to match up with the after muffler pipe, it may work. Those two cat-back systems are different due to the muffler. Your exhaust tips may be slanted to the outside coming out of your rear bumper if you do that.

I think he stopped posting on here so much because last couple posts he made were about dyno results from using magnaflow exhaust and people trashed him and the results.
He could just be gone because of the holidays though...?

LOL...My wife and I just got back last night from Lake Tahoe actually......

Yeah, I think some people were upset about the X vs H dyno results.....LOL

Anyways...basically what that other guy said, it can be done, but will take some modifications...as the packs are center in center out and the flows are offset offset...

Happy Holidays everyone!

GNN60GT500 said:
LOL...My wife and I just got back last night from Lake Tahoe actually......

Yeah, I think some people were upset about the X vs H dyno results.....LOL

Anyways...basically what that other guy said, it can be done, but will take some modifications...as the packs are center in center out and the flows are offset offset...

Happy Holidays everyone!

Damn, that sucks. Is there any way that the short pipe going from the midpipe to the mufflers is just a different part number? I love Magnaflow's stuff and would really like to pull this off. If not, oh well. Time for headers! :D

LByellowStang said:
I wouldn't worry about it, they flow pretty much the same.

Yeah, you're probably right. It was just a thought. BTW, what do you have done to your car? I see we run really close times (you're faster by .003 :worship: ). I had a really crappy trap that run of only 98.8. I ran several 102.5-ish runs that night. I dunno what happened. :shrug:

GNN60GT500 said:
Both catbacks provide the same power gains within half a hp of each other......

The Magnapacks flow better, but you have to make an extra bend or two in the tailpipes for the Pack catback system wich makes things come out even....

The Packs are just louder.

That's pretty much it. They are both straight-through, it's just that the magnapacks are smaller mufflers, so they are louder than the magnaflows.