WHICH ALTERNATOR BRACKET AFTER PI HEADSWAP?

• Sponsors (?)

Y not get a pi alt bracket and a 99 and up alternater? How hard can that be? You can get a reman one at autozone. I think this solution would be better than trying to modify the old one which you don't have. Sell your alt to someone on the forum. It should bolt right up with no problems.

mike

coffinator6 said:
Y not get a pi alt bracket and a 99 and up alternater? How hard can that be? You can get a reman one at autozone. I think this solution would be better than trying to modify the old one which you don't have. Sell your alt to someone on the forum. It should bolt right up with no problems.

mike

my alternator is chromed...if I get a new one, I have to get that one chromed too....just had my new Pa alternator insides put in my chrome shell...just looking for the bracket to fit....

98stangv8 said:
Randy, Please help again....I am trying to figure what year my fuse box cover is under the hood (to get a chrome cover for one)...I don't know if it is a 97 or a 98....are there different part numbers for each? My car is a 97 v6 body with a 98 gt engine...

Thanks!

either get me a stamping # of the cover, or call me here at the dealership(410-655-2000 x 5618) Im here till 4pm

billfisher said:
you dont have to have a bracket. my 5.4 has no bracket. i used no bracket after PI swap.

and by doing this, you run the risk of the 2 lower bolts failing. this has happened to several people causing a loss of power and leaving them stranded and in need of a tow. the upper brkt is there to help support the upper-half of the alt for a reason. so if a brkts isn't aval to you, I'd suggest atleast fabbin' one-up:)