Which Dyno?

• Sponsors (?)

Sick96Stang said:
I dont know the difference between those two dynos just make sure u dont do it on a mustang dyno those are known to be off. You cant go wrong with Dyno Jet thats the most accurate dyno machine there is.

Negative.

The difference between those dynos is the dynojet is an inertia dyno and the other one is a load bearing dyno. The dyno dynamics is a load bearing like the mustang dyno. What that means is there is mechanical resistance applied to the wheels of your car to simulate what the car is doing on the street. The dynojet has 2 large drums and that is the weight that your car must turn.

Any load bearing dyno is better for tuning because you can actually put a load on the car, you cant do that with an inertia dyno. Now with an experianced tuner this is not an issue as they can tune just as well on either.

A dyno is only a diagnostic tool to get a rough idea of what is going on with your car not a final say in what power you or anyone else has. Racing dyno sheets on the internet proves absolutely nothing the track is the only thing that matters. The problem comes in when people try to compare the numbers between the two types. The load bearing dynos will show lower numbers but that is no indication of accuracy, instead the just measure things differently.

sick96 heres a very technical explanation why your theory is incorrect.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43653&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

billyfe390 said:
Negative.

The difference between those dynos is the dynojet is an inertia dyno and the other one is a load bearing dyno. The dyno dynamics is a load bearing like the mustang dyno. What that means is there is mechanical resistance applied to the wheels of your car to simulate what the car is doing on the street. The dynojet has 2 large drums and that is the weight that your car must turn.

Any load bearing dyno is better for tuning because you can actually put a load on the car, you cant do that with an inertia dyno. Now with an experianced tuner this is not an issue as they can tune just as well on either.

A dyno is only a diagnostic tool to get a rough idea of what is going on with your car not a final say in what power you or anyone else has. Racing dyno sheets on the internet proves absolutely nothing the track is the only thing that matters. The problem comes in when people try to compare the numbers between the two types. The load bearing dynos will show lower numbers but that is no indication of accuracy, instead the just measure things differently.

sick96 heres a very technical explanation why your theory is incorrect.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43653&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Very informative, learn something new everyday.

thanks for the help. I had my Dynoed today on a Dyno Dynamics and I was told it would show lower numbers than on a dynojet. Juss wanted to know if 246 rwhp/266 rwtq sounded right.

Drews02 said:
thanks for the help. I had my Dynoed today on a Dyno Dynamics and I was told it would show lower numbers than on a dynojet. Juss wanted to know if 246 rwhp/266 rwtq sounded right.

I am not that familiar with load bearing dyno's so to be honest I am not sure. I would think that as long as the timing and A/F ratio are correct it should be fine. Post your graphs if you can.