Which Model Gauges?

Black Sun 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2002
L.I., N.Y.
I'm looking to replace all my stock gauges with something from one of the Autometer lines, but I'm not sure which to decide on. I'm replacing everything: fuel level, volt, oil pressure, water temp, speedo, tach. What is everyone here running on their car? Any pros/cons with a particular model?

• Sponsors (?)

i'm using the autometer guages in my 84...the guages fit perfectly in the factory bezels!!! i use a 5"tach w/shiftlight, 3 3/8 speedometer, and the 2 1/16 for temp,oil pres and fuel level....i have the sport comp models...kinda pricey but well worth it....looks killer and functions 100%....

Yeah, the Phantoms look nice, I actually have one installed already. I was just looking to see what opinions other gauges are drawing. Another question: does anyone know which Phantom fuel gauge is used in a '91 GT? I know that they go by ohms, but I'm not sure what range I have to get. Also, I'm looking at the gauge panel from mc-machine.com. How big of a headache is it to do the install? Is there anything special I have to do with the wiring? I know I have to dremel out behind the cluster, just wondering of there will be anything else to do. I'll be using all electric gauges, so I assume I can use the stock wiring.

LOL! The kid giving the finger is too much. Where did you get the LED's from for the autometers? I'm assuming they were the blue gauges, looks good. This whole thread I started is really starting to push me to spend money I wasn't ready to spend yet. :D

That finger throwing kid was too funny so I had to use it. I got the LED's from Circuit City, in their new "Import Section". Thing is, I noticed they're not carrying them anymore, at least not in El paso. They're by a company called Eurolite. They had them in various colors, including a "white/Blue" that I really wanted to check out. Might as well take advantage of all the "euro" crap floating around nowadays.....