Which of these last longer?

which of these tread last the longest

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I recently found out that the drag radials don't make a good "daily driver" tire. They didn't even last 3 months. That's why I'll stick with the M/T ET streets. They always lasted up to 6 months for me driving everyday around town. :nice:

The wear on each is so bad, that I'd just go with the one that hooks the best; and from what I've heard, it's the M/T hands down. What's the difference if the BFG lasts 3,500 miles, and the M/T lasts 3,000 miles?

if i thought i could cut 1.6's on nittos i would deffinatly buy them but i know most people only cut 1.8's on nittos.

my car see's about 1500-2000 miles a year and 25-30 1/4 mile passes a year.

opinions very out there. some cars work better with M/T's while others work
well with BFG's. I personally like MT's better.. your hook is directly related to your suspension. Tires are only
a small portion of the problem. If your car is a part time driver once in a while
running racing tires is fine. I have found that if your car is a daily driver your
wasting your time riding around on racetires. I always had 2 sets of wheels
for the rear.. one for racing and the other for daily driving..only takes a few
minutes to change them if you want to play. also anyone caught out in the rain on ET's or dragradials knows the downfall to that..you might as well be driving on ice......E

rsw007 said:
my car see's about 1500-2000 miles a year and 25-30 1/4 mile passes a year.

In that case I wouldn't buy either that you mentioned. Get some ET Streets. Personally I use the ET Streets, I throw them in the hatch and swap them at the track, just so they last me longer. I have to drive over an hour each way to the track. If you went that route though, I would get ET Drags then, since you are swapping them at the track. Anyway, my brother has a '71 Nova, and he always drives to and from the track on the ET Streets, and they seemed to last him a good while?! He now has some regular radials for daily driving (and burnouts :D ), but he still drives to and from the track with the ET Streets on. As long as there is no rain in the forcast, he has had no problems. Anyway, just my opinions.

Jim