Which would you buy....

wyldpny

Jun 1, 2007
Choice #1:
1995 Black Mustang GT 5.0 automatic Convertible 2 owner with only 32,000 miles.
Stang is totally stock except for the tape deck being replaced with a CD deck, is near mint with black and tan interior and the entire car is immaculate.
Was always stored and never saw bad weather.
$9000.

Choice #2:
2000 Silver Mustang V-6 Convertible 5-Speed with 93,000 miles.
Body is in good shape with a few dings and dents as can be expected I guess from a car with almost 100k on the clock.
Added goodies:
-Flowmaster Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
-Cold Ait Intake w/ K&N Filter
-Roush Stage 3 Front Bumper
-GT Rear Bumper
-Cobra-R Hood
-17" Bullit Wheels (could use 2 new tires)
-Style Bar
-Racing Seats
-Eclipse CD Player
-Nu-Image Silver Face Guages and HVAC panel
-Python by DEI Alarm/Keyless
-SCT X-Cal 2
-Spec Stage 2 clutch (less than 5,000 miles on it!)
-UPR adj. quadrent & firewall adjuster
$5,500.

Now, the question is not if each one is worth the price they are asking but which one is a better buy based on the known specs. For example, I understand that a GT 5.0 has a better resale value than a V6. Is that true? I am not planning on selling but I would always like to know that my cars worth is still up there, you know.
If I can figure out how to post pics here I will try and toss a few up of each car.
Anyway, any help and opinions welcomed.

Thanks

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

honestly with all the goodies that the v6 comes with I would get that one, on the other hand it does seem rather cheap for all the acc. that come with it.
my wifes 02 v6 is a great daily , gets 18mpg in town, has plenty of passing power. my only complaint from a performance standpoint is lack of top end. It's gearing lets it rip through the lower gears, but after 3rd it has nothing left.

Go with the 5.0 automatics r less likely to be abused and u can always switch out the tranny. The owner of the v-6 prolly drivin the hell out of that car judging by the mods. Its especially bad considereing its a v-6 if it was a v-8 it would be alot safer bet to buy because if you push a v-6 you force the smaller engine to take alot more strain than if you push a v-8 because it does not need to work as hard to create the power. Go with the V-8 or wait till u find something you like

The '95 GT gets my vote. The MPG difference between the two is negligible, but the sheer joy of torque on demand gives the 5.0 a definite edge. Plus, parts are cheaper for the 5.0, and it's not an OBD-II headache waiting to happen.

The HP difference between the two is not that much, but the V6's power probably comes at a higher RPM. I'm sure the GT has more low end torque, obviously.

Anyway...the 2000 does seem kinda cheap. Do you have a garage for the 95 if you were to get it? Not something I'd want to keep outside. It would be a shame to daily drive such a nice low-mileage car.