White Faced Gauges...

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Can you please post some pics of them?

I was thinking of the MAC ones...do you have to remove the needles with them or can you just slip them over the needles?

What about these ones on ebay, do you think I could slip these over the needles or do you think I would have to remove them? I like the idea of how they glow and you can choose the shade of green/blue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...3643&item=2465695734&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT

It looks too me like you could slip them over the needles then push them down into place...couldnt you do this?

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

if you look in the sticky thread 94-95 Faq and go down like 2/3 of the way there are a bunch of how to guides. One of them specifically states how to install MAC white faced guages, and comes with a bunch of quality pics. good luck man.

I used to have MAC ones. They looked good during the night and at night they looked like crap. They wouldnt light up all the way. I bought my new ones from speedhut. They were like $100 but they look great.

Sorry I forgot to post pics here are my new speedhut ones. I know the picture suck they look much better in real life. And at night the light up bright red.
gauges_close.jpg

gauges_away.jpg

I hated my MAC ones, and yes, you have to remove the needles. The whole thing is a pain if you want any accuracy. If I could do it again, I would get those sweet SpeedHut ones--they look ten times better.

Jon

I bought some EL Glo gauges in my 94. Their OK but, if you drive a long distance at night the glo will strain your eyes after a while. I also have an adjustment knob like the one shown and their still to bright for long hauls. Around town their cool. I plan on taking them out b/c I think they 're a little to ricey for me. Hey, does speedhut have those gauges blue instead of red? And yes I had to take my needles off. So if anyone knows how to get my gauges to read accurate please chime in. Also keep in mind that 94-95 stangs tach went to 7000 rpm not 8000. Keith :flag:

I got the Indiglo EBAY gauges and they are great. Cheap too...mine were like $35 and yes the ones that say they specifically go over the needles do... The speedo and tach did good but i had to take a blade and trim a little off the inside of the volt,fuel,oil,and temp gauge ones. Alsowhen u put em on u may push the needles down some.. so just take a fork and pull em back a little or they will stick. Tap the wire into the blue/red wire on the headlight switch and you're good to go.

I put the needles on before the car was running, then did a test run in the car. I kept shutting the car off and restarting with a new position until I got the idle right, then I drove down the road with a pace car to check speedo. I marked the other guages.

Jon