who built your motor?

stagevi

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2001
Detroit, Michigan
what are the names scribed onto the valve cover on your cobra? are there any names that are commonly attributed to poorly assembled motors? the names on mine are Robert Natty and Bob McIntyre. The motor was built in the Romeo plant (i think all of them were).
dude, what does yours say?

• Sponsors (?)

mine...dave snider and bob mcintyre

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 221
cold96snake said:
Robert Spates and :shrug: . The ink or whatever came off the sticker and I can't read the other name. Anyway to get a new sticker?
I think you can call them and give them your VIN and they'll send you a new stamped plaque...Could be wrong though...It'd be good info to know since I have the pen written one too...

1-800-FORD-SVT

The original motor in my 96 I don't know who built it, the writing on the sticker faded off. The 99 cobra motor that I ran in it for a brief period was built by (i can't make it out) Dowfing??? and Larry H (i can't make it out). And I thought I had bad hand writing, if I was putting my name on a motor it would at least be legible. The engine that is going back in now is my original 96 block but this time the shortblock is built by Al Papitto.

Mike Smitty and Doug Campbell..two fine Americans in my book!

Isn't "handbuilt with pride" kind of a stupid statement though...do 2Vs get built by robots? No, just by more than 2 people on an assembly line.