Who has 3.73's with a blower??? Help me out

Ever since i went to the track, i thought i was running out of gear.... by the end of the track, i would have to shift to 5th, but rather then doing that, i rode out 4th gear hard right close to the limiter..... I thought it was typical for my stock clutch to slip like that

I then replaced the clutch with a Spec Stage 3 and upgraded the blower to an S trim putting out 3 more psi of boost... it grabs alot stronger!!

Today, a bunch of people arranged a street race with me and this one kid... We all went down this 10 mile long road with nothing but trees on both sides...

The first car, i had to actually shift through 5th and ride it for a bit till it was over.....

Same with the second car.. I was in 5th gear.... this is killing me here!

I would think going down to 355's would help, but then what happens when i add a set of heads/ and a cam? wouldnt i be in the same boat??? Im thinking taking a drop down to 3.27's.... what do you guys think??

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a general guide for ya ...

4th gear @ 6000 rpm with a 3.73 gear is 128mph roughly with a 26" tire

same scenario with 3.55's that number goes up to 135mph...

So unless you now have a mid 10 second car with stock heads ...or your tires too shortthe 3.73's are fine ya douche ... :jester: :banana:

ride out 4th gear then shift into 5th on a stock t-5?? your traps should be way higher then! I agree with MSTANG, you would have a car that would run 10's. Are you getting traction on the launch? have seen a lot of guys short shift the first 2 gears and get close to redline into 4th, but never shifted into 5th. I hope you figure it out man!

first off you should not be racing on the street. :notnice: even that i used too when i was younger now i realize how dumb it is. but any way take it too the track. there you would be able to tell what you are going threw that traps at, and in what gear. doing it on the street is not the same as the track. I have 3.55's in mine and i go threw the traps at around 5300rpm. i wish i would of went with 3.73. are you still running with a stock tranny? if you are, when that stock tranny blows up and you go for something new like a tremic, the tremic has a different gear ratio the the stock one does. are you running slicks at the track? 3.27's i would think is to low to go with.

Michael, it is very well possible that we were.. at least it felt that way, soo i guess that could be it... But when i went to the track, and i could guess what rpm i was at, i would say it was damn near close to the limiter in 4th..

flyin- there is a road by me that people have been street racing since i was born... it is a 10 mile road with nothing but trees on both sides and a car doesnt go down there for hourssss.. Its not like im doing it on a huge public highway. Yes i am running with the stock T5 with 275/40/17 BFG drags on the back

subtle- this is pretty stupid, but my stock tach broke soo all im going by is SOUND... until xmas comes and i get a phantom tach, i really dont know my rpm, just going by sound

subtle- this is pretty stupid, but my stock tach broke soo all im going by is SOUND... until xmas comes and i get a phantom tach, i really dont know my rpm, just going by sound
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i was hearing some noises like a pop when i was shifting high... not sure if thats the limiter? or just another bigger problem hmmmm... guess im gonna have to wait another week to see what happens!

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Jackass! :owned: